SRX supercharger kit - TVS 1320 , 3.5bar OS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX supercharger kit - TVS 1320 , 3.5bar OS in Cadillac SRX Forums; http://i50.tinypic.com/dmcgn8.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/2ujqn8z.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/2qsyuew.jpg images are attached above i really like my 2012 SRX AWD, its comfortable, its quiet, and it ...
    fafnir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ATS, CTS-V

Post SRX supercharger kit - TVS 1320 , 3.5bar OS

http://i50.tinypic.com/dmcgn8.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ujqn8z.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2qsyuew.jpg

images are attached above

i really like my 2012 SRX AWD, its comfortable, its quiet, and it has been reliable;

but if i had any complaints about my SRX, its predominantly that it just lacks power

so after shopping around, i ended up with a TVS 1320 based kit at 5psi (for now, an 8 psi pulley is on order), a trifecta custom 3.5 bar operating system and a custom bell intercooler with a bosch water pump

(the supercharger kit manufacturer has requested that i do not disclose who they are until they're ready to make an announcement, although the ECM tuning is done by trifecta with a custom OS, a true 3.5bar OS that also supports E85)

the install was pretty straight forward but did require the front bumper to be removed to install the intercooler, and a lift for a tensioner/belt bracket that replaced of one of the motor mounts with a CNC'd stainless pulley bracket that incorporates the motor mount (better access to the belt tensioner from the bottom)

i've put a few hundred miles onto it already since the install and besides the power increase the supercharger kit installed feels linear and responsive - besides having 110 ft-lbs of torque (wtq) more than stock, and blower whine, the supercharger has been reliable and does not affect either startup, cold start, or the idle quality - if you're not getting on the throttle, the vehicle still retains what the vehicle behaves like as if it were stock (mileage or fuel consumption is comparable to stock, i've actually picked up ~1 MPG highway and i think i've lost ~2 MPG city? been fairly heavy on the gas pedal though)

and yes, those are 20x10 CCW corsair C140's with 285 wide tires

http://youtu.be/dTIw5_WVNA8

-
    Attached Images
    Srxlou and Srxlou like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LS1WOLF is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SRX supercharger kit - TVS 1320 , 3.5bar OS

WOW! I do like this....

SrxNamja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

Wow my jaw just dropped. I think I might know who is doing this build but I won't say for sure as they have hinted they planned on doing this for the 3.6 and 3.0 possibly. how much greater is the initial start from go feel on it compared to the stock? At what rpm does this power distribution truly increase? I know you havent done a full dyno just yet but this has me excited lol

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I think it looks great but if they cannot get GM to still honor the total warranty then it is dead for 95% of SRX owners. When your engine craps out who ya gonna call?

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I think it looks great but if they cannot get GM to still honor the total warranty then it is dead for 95% of SRX owners. When your engine craps out who ya gonna call?
    I would worry about the drive train also. A lot more torque and stess. I don't know if a aftermarket warranty would be an answer.

2011SRXMo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

Woah. I was just complaining to a friend bout the stock power output. He has CTS-V. This is interesting and awesome!

Likely is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

I would say your factory warranty just went in the tank......GM is not going take care of you with that set up, trust me!!!!!!

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Since when did Mary Kay supercharge her cars?

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

You can purchase an aftermarket warranty, but I assume most doing a mod of this extent already know the warranty will be gone. This is not for those concerned about warranty but those that want a kick-butt power house that will humble most V8 cars that meet up with it.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

those that want a kick-butt power house that will humble most V8 cars that meet up with it.
    Yes, it's a really, really professional looking installation.

No, not unless that SVX owner is choosing off against some pretty weak V8s. My wife loves her 3.0 XWD, but no aftermarket supercharger is going to make it run heads-up with the good V8s, especially the CTS-V.

Maybe, once it is out there officially, dyno tested and some track times, we can discuss in more detail.

jack vines

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Bad ass.........0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times please.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    But don't break an axle please. 1 foot roll out is ok.
    Probably won't happen with a 6, but I don't want to be the one that asked if it did.

fafnir is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, ATS, CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    Yes, it's a really, really professional looking installation.

No, not unless that SRX owner is choosing off against some pretty weak V8s. My wife loves her 3.0 XWD, but no aftermarket supercharger is going to make it run heads-up with the good V8s, especially the CTS-V.

thanks for the compliment and support - and yes, i wasn't planning on taking on any CTS-V's any time soon

(if anything, the competition will be geared more towards Audi Q5/Q7's, jeep grand cherokee V8's (NOT the SRT8), and possibly BMW X5/X6's and as such - all of which will fall under the "weak V8" or "boosted V6" category)

and i don't think i can either (beat a CTS-V); the last dyno pull yielded 367whp on premium pump gas (AWD, LFX), (best pull stock was 211whp, with just a tune the best pull was 230whp), so to beat a true V8 such as an LS3/LS7/etc, this kit stills needs some work in the form of smaller pulleys and so on

youtube video of the dyno pull has been uploaded:

http://youtu.be/dTIw5_WVNA8

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Sweet vid! Have you modded the drivetrain at all or is it all stock? Or do you plan on modding the drivetrain?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

3.5 bar os? Planning on running 36 lbs of boost on an SRX lol? None the less impressive work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.