: Program Key fob for Fleetwood 1994

ocmdiaz714
07-10-09, 03:05 AM
Anybody have a tutorial or directions on how to program a new remote? Thanks!

thefleetwoodguy
07-10-09, 09:59 AM
1. The ignition must be in the "run" position.
2. Find the programming connector that is hanging off a wire harness on the upper left side of the trunk by the left hand hinge. Its a 2-pin male connector with two black-with-white-stripe wires. (*)
3. When you short these two pins together with a screwdriver or shorting plug, the RCDLR will cycle the lock and trunk solenoids to confirm it is ready. This connector will need to remain shorted until your are finished programming the remotes.
4. Pressing any key (only once) on either remote will program that remote to the RCDLR. You will need to re-program both remotes once you begin the procedure. The RCDLR will only remember the last two (2) remotes programmed. Any transmitter codes that were previously programmed will be ereased.
5. The locks will cycle lock-unlock after each remote is programmed to confirm that it register its signal. Once the shorting plug is removed the alarm will sound for 1 second - this indicates that the system is ready. The system will not operate if the shorting plug is not removed.

To disable the automatic unlock-in-park feature:

1. After the last remote is programmed, but before you un-short the programming connector, press the following sequence three (3) times on a remote:
* lock, unlock, trunk
2. The RCDLR will cycle the door locks and trunk release solenoids three times to confirm at the end of the sequence.

To re-enable the unlock-in-park feature of, just repeat the above to reprogram the RCDLR to your remotes, but don't do the special three-button-three-times sequence.

You can match a transmitter to as many different vehicles as you own, provided they are equipped with exactly the same model system.

Reviving Dead Key Fobs

If you suspect the key fob itself isn�t working, the dealership's parts department has a device that will check to see if it is indeed functioning (transmitting) properly. If you have a frequency counter you can check it as well, output is in the 318-320 MHz range. The couple that I've check have been 318.990 & 319.075 MHz - note that no matter which button you press (light, unlock, lock, trunk open, etc.) the transmit frequency does not change.

If they're still not working (after installing fresh batteries) and you feel like messing around with it a little, take the key fob totally apart and clean the contact points behind the rubber membrane and the brass etchings on printed-circuit (PC) board - this may be just enough to bring it back to life! Moisture intrusion and the resulting corrosion on the contacts is usually the culprit in a lot of "not working" situations.

DerMann
07-10-09, 10:57 AM
Slightly unrelated question.

If the gentleman from whom I purchased my 1995 FWB was unable to supply a key fob, would it be possible to pick one up from a dealership?

Key fobs are an amazing invention, and I'd really love to get in on that.

thefleetwoodguy
07-10-09, 11:51 AM
Slightly unrelated question.

If the gentleman from whom I purchased my 1995 FWB was unable to supply a key fob, would it be possible to pick one up from a dealership?

Key fobs are an amazing invention, and I'd really love to get in on that.
e bay is the best source for them
I have a few here

ocmdiaz714
07-14-09, 07:52 PM
So there is a box in the trunk which powers or enables the alarm, stereo, lighting and etc for the Cadillac Fleetwood? Because my stereo isn't working as the time shows 0:00 and every five seconds it goes off and right back on. The lighting also doesn't turn on and I was told by the previous owner that I have to replace the computer or "box" in the trunk to have that fixed. He told me it runs for a bout "$150," but I don't even know what it is or where to get it. Any help?

DerMann
07-20-09, 07:02 PM
So there is a box in the trunk which powers or enables the alarm, stereo, lighting and etc for the Cadillac Fleetwood? Because my stereo isn't working as the time shows 0:00 and every five seconds it goes off and right back on. The lighting also doesn't turn on and I was told by the previous owner that I have to replace the computer or "box" in the trunk to have that fixed. He told me it runs for a bout "$150," but I don't even know what it is or where to get it. Any help?

That's the CCM, or Central Control Module. Mine went bad due to a water leak, and I am experiencing similar problems. My AC and interior lights will not turn off even if the car is off, so I have to remove the fuse to get them off.

If you look in the trunk, in the extreme back, there is a steel box with wires plugged into it. That's your CCM.

Mr. Mann
08-18-09, 12:55 PM
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1027415,parttype,2888

You can try this link. This is a link to RockAuto. I think the CCM for our cars is also known as a Body Control Module also. I'm having a Pass Key issue and it seems to be coming from the computer in the trunk because I've already done the resistor mod and I'm still having the issue where the car starts when it wants to.

Darth
12-04-10, 06:40 PM
Thank you for posting the programming. It works perfectly.

Terry Otis
03-01-11, 04:03 PM
I have a 1993 Coupe Deville but can not find how to program remotes. Any one knows what I need?

outsider
03-01-11, 04:48 PM
Terry, you may have luck in the FWD section of the site.

Daz77
03-27-11, 07:45 PM
Nice Thread!!! It really helped me to stop using those keys and the locks scared the bejesus on of me, lol. Thanks alot!!!

thateus
05-24-11, 07:22 PM
Question - I just bought a 1994 Fleetwood and it came with both remotes which worked except for the trunk button. So I replaced the batteries, cleaned the contacts, and successfully re-programmed following the instructions on this post. But for some reason, the trunk button on both remotes still are not working. For what its worth, the release button in the glove box does work. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

scurling
06-05-16, 12:40 AM
Anyone have a picture of the connector? The only black/white wire I see in that area is connected to a ground screw on the torsion bar support bracket on the left side. I don't see a free connector. I even pulled the trunk liner back hoping it might be behind it.

jc95fwd
06-07-16, 02:33 PM
Anyone have a picture of the connector? The only black/white wire I see in that area is connected to a ground screw on the torsion bar support bracket on the left side. I don't see a free connector. I even pulled the trunk liner back hoping it might be behind it.
Ditto. I've super-scoured that whole area on my '94 Fleetwood Brougham and do not see such a black/white, free standing connector.

tyler little
06-07-16, 09:51 PM
I just programmed a new remote for my caddy and had no issues. The wire is located on the left back corner of the trunk where the hinge is, there is a black and white wire near a purple and black wire
http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah200/litttyle076/20160606_182259_zps689rbnb7.jpg (http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/litttyle076/media/20160606_182259_zps689rbnb7.jpg.html)

scurling
06-14-16, 11:42 PM
Thanks Tyler, I looked again and still could not find the connector in the trunk of my Fleetwood; however, I did find the connector in my Fleetwood Brougham. It was not at the trunk lid hinge, it was lower along the fender support beam behind the interior trunk molding. See the pics of my FltwdB. That zip tie is around the factory installed trailer wiring harness. (for some reason , the pics flip upside down when you click on them).

Of course, now my trunk will not close on my FltwB. I'm not sure if I pulled a wire too hard or what. It has never failed me in the past.

jc95fwd
06-15-16, 04:01 PM
Scurling, glad you found the connector. I looked at your pics and even though I had scoured the ENTIRE area from the hinge down to that support beam and beyond on several occasions (practically laying in the trunk even) my '94 Brougham does NOT have that connector and I'm really bummed because I really need to program a 2nd key fob. I have no idea why my car seems to be the odd one out.

scurling
06-15-16, 06:41 PM
JC95FWD: Thanks; I still can't find the connector in my base FLTWD.

My problem: The Fltwd that I need to program the remote is not the Fltwd in which I found the connector. My basic FLtwd is the car in which I can't find the connector. I was using my FltwdB as a comparison.

To my surprise however, my Fltwd does not have the "AU0" code: "Lock control Remote". Seems the previous owner installed a third party system, and I never knew this. The workshop must have disabled, the system when I had some work done on my Fltwd a few weeks ago when the Optisparc went bad. I'm going by the shop tomorrow after work to discuss the issue with them and see what they may have disconnected.

Check the codes for your vehicle. They look like the sample picture below:

jc95fwd
06-17-16, 02:06 PM
scurling, thanks for the reply. Somewhat surprisingly, my pretty-well-optioned '94 FWB does not have that AU0 RPO code on the trunk label either. Is that why I have not been able to locate that connector that you need to short in order to reprogram key fobs? If so, how in the heck can I do so?

scurling
06-17-16, 06:13 PM
Somewhat surprisingly, my pretty-well-optioned '94 FWB does not have that AU0 RPO code on the trunk label either. Is that why I have not been able to locate that connector that you need to short in order to reprogram key fobs? If so, how in the heck can I do so?

yes, your Fltwd does not have the factory installed remote lock/entry system. It is logical to suspect a previous owner installed a third party device, as they did on my Fltwd. I never knew it was not a factory system, because I never had a reason to question it's origin. The system on my vehicle was installed under the dashboard below the steering wheel, behind the cover plate.

As I previously explained, the mechanic working on my car, disconnected the system, to troubleshoot why my car was not starting. He said he though it may have been interfering with the start-up/ignition circuits. He never reconnected the system. I'll be investigating reconnecting it or maybe a newer system. I'm sure the system was installed by the original owner. It was a funeral home fleet vehicle.

Look under your dash for the installation. It needs to be close to, or around the starter switch and wiring. Once you know the vendor/manufacturer, you can go online or call them for assistance with the reprogramming effort.