Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
None yet
61 Posts
Had it for about 2k miles, no real issues. Small increase in sound, no real extra performance but for the money it's hard to beat. I can actually sometimes hear the turbo now :D .... just need the full exhaust to make it better

C

·
0 Posts
I have one, bought it during the 50% off sale they had last November.
No fitment issues or ect but it hasn't been on my car for a couple weeks now since I have had the sparkplug/ecm recalibration recall done.

·
Registered
Charger Scat Pack- Auto/Corvette LS3-Auto
2,433 Posts
If it costs more than $100 your getting ripped off! As soon as my parts get here I will show you.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it costs more than $100 your getting ripped off! As soon as my parts get here I will show you.
Yeah I agree. Especially since it's just a silicon tube. Maybe I'll wait on a sale or just go with TRS.

Does TRS intake have the stock braided hose connection?

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
What is the purpose of replacing this tube? Even if the oem tube is restrictive, wont the computer make adjustments to keep the car at the specified power output? This is my 6th turbocharged vehicle, and none of the cars I owned have ever benefited from anything intake related. All they did was increase noise. Even the ones that were tuned.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the maf sensor is before the restrictive part of the intake, if you'd call it restrictive. Im looking for a quickr maybe even smoother throttle response.

·
Registered
2014 ATS
125 Posts
The efficiency of the turbo is partly based on pressure ratio between the inlet and outlet. Removing a restriction that allows the turbo to move the same amount of air at a lower rotational speed will reduce charge temps a little and stress the turbo a little less. Power gains will be minimal and based on efficiency alone since the ecm will reduce the boost slightly if it sees an increase in air flow. Tuned setups will see greater power gains.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Here is my $75 tube...

Mockup

Installed

I looked into an all silicone tube but a 1 piece was very expensive for just one and the other alternative was 3 piece/connectors/clamps and was still over $100. Lastly I talked to a carbon fiber guy that makes intakes for CAI's and his take is the shape is like a question mark and would be costly to make in small numbers, you would still have silicone or rubber couplers and clamps.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Here is my $75 tube...

Mockup

Installed

I looked into an all silicone tube but a 1 piece was very expensive for just one and the other alternative was 3 piece/connectors/clamps and was still over $100. Lastly I talked to a carbon fiber guy that makes intakes for CAI's and his take is the shape is like a question mark and would be costly to make in small numbers, you would still have silicone or rubber couplers and clamps.
where did you route the sesor hose that attaches to the top of the intake tube?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I put a -6an fitting on the bottom side of the air tube. That braided line in the photo is the the line in question. The write up for the DIY Air Tube is HERE.

OBTW - The braiding and hose ends are MY add on to cover the silicone hose. Most of not all CC kits use stiff 3/8" fuel line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts