Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed zzp pcm tune to my 2014 ATS 2.0t, along with downpipe, new oem spark plugs, cai, and bigger throttle body. Started the car after everything was finished, everything running fine except for the idle is seeming kinda crappy, and when I turn the a/c on the Rpm’s shift from 600-1000. Is there something I’m supposed to do when first running the tune or do I have to give it some time for the car to get used to the new pcm and things changing ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would say let your car complete an entire drive cycle. And if it continues then contact zzp and let them know. I had sort of a similar issue with my zzp tune, it was idling crappy and it would stall at stops. I sent it back and they sent me a new adjusted one and it was fine from there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Recently purchased zzp stage 1 kit with pcm tune, purchased a new core from them with the tune already installed after getting done I started the car and I let it sit for a couple minutes and it’s been having a rough idle Video here , any ideas on what could be causing this ? Pcm? Throttle body? Cai? Or downpipe ? Also replaced all spark plugs with pre gapped ac delco 41-125 plugs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lots of things at play here.

What rpm is the car idling at?

Ideally, you'd do some data logging, send the data to zzp, zzp adjusts tune, then you reflash. I'm assuming you don't have a HPTuner setup?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I purchased a whole pcm core that had the tune preinstalled, I’m going to put the original pcm back in with original throttle body and contact them about it. The car is idling around 650-1000 when idling and when stopping while driving.

·
Registered
'14 2.0T RWD Manual
3 Posts
Yeah I would say it is the throttle body. I got just the stage 1 and ran it with no problems for a couple years then just added the throttle body and intercooler kit this summer and had the same symptoms for a few days. From what I read and understand it is the car essentially re-learning the throttle body. I have not had any problems since then in the last 10k miles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I would say it is the throttle body. I got just the stage 1 and ran it with no problems for a couple years then just added the throttle body and intercooler kit this summer and had the same symptoms for a few days. From what I read and understand it is the car essentially re-learning the throttle body. I have not had any problems since then in the last 10k miles.
Do you know how long it should take for the driving cycle for the car to relearn, is there any steps I should be taking or should I just drive it

·
Registered
'14 2.0T RWD Manual
3 Posts
Just driving it normally did it for me. I don't remember exactly, a couple of days to a week at most. Pretty sure it goes by start up/shut down cycles more than miles or time driven.

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS 6MT Premium
21 Posts
There is a re-learn procedure for the new throttle body. It is the same procedure as the GM trucks (and probably any current gen GM vehicle). Mine idled weird after putting the bigger 2.5l throttle body on and following the below steps helped a ton. It still took one or two sessions of just cold starting and letting it idle for 5-10 minutes to get the idle perfect.

1) Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes. During that period the idle may be higher idle than normal.
2) After 3 minutes, turn the engine off and leave it off for 60- seconds.
3) Start the engine again and let it idle in park for 3 minutes one more time. During these run periods you may see a check engine light. Scan for codes and if you get throttle body related codes, clear them.
4) If the idle speed is still off, drive the vehicle at speeds above 44-mph and operate several acceleration and deceleration cycles. Then repeat step #3 one last time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts