Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
That is hard to believe given that several vendors sell this modified turbo and almost all claim closer to 400whp with e85. Who'd you talk to up there?
Whoever popped up on the screen when you visit their site. That little chat thing.

Want me to ask again then screenshot it?

·
Registered
14 ATS Injen Intake, ZZP- E85, TB, Big Wheel Turbo, Intercooler
16 Posts
Whoever popped up on the screen when you visit their site. That little chat thing.

Want me to ask again then screenshot it?
Gotcha. I'm just curious if they actually know the whole story. Customer service doesnt spend the time datalogging and dyno time. Matt at ZZP works the ltg platform tuning and that's who I would personally try to get that answer from.

·
Registered
'14 ATS 2.0T 6MT
464 Posts
A lot of turbo tuners go for big numbers and the hp/tq curves get pretty silly and useless for anything but highway pulls... I actually prefer the OE 'linear' tune that looks like an NA motor on paper, I just don't like that it gets wheezy at the top end.

If the zzp big wheel turbo (thanks for clarification on the core thing) can maintain existing power level at 2k rpm, fatten it up a bit (area under the curve) in the middle AND extend usable rpm to say 6500 then I'm all in!

Anyone have before /after graphs yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Checking the logs using hptuners, the max boost kicks in similar to the factory turbo. Somewhere in the mid/upper 2000rpm range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haven't forgot I just personally dont care about the numbers. And would rather put the money towards an oil change instead. What matters most is the driveability to me and I'm still impressed by the results on my daily.

·
Registered
17' 6MT ATS Carbon Black, 09' Malibu, 08' Infinity G35x, 04' Ion Redline,
168 Posts
I like this idea, big turbo generally means big lag, and to be 100% honest I don't like the amount of lag we have stock. (Came from and still own big Hp TVS redline) Now with that being said it looks like zzp wheel is billet which should help respool between gears as well and if you ever need a replacement turbo this is a logical choice. Also guys zzp uses WHP not crank for everything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Someone commented on ZZPs website claiming almost 400whp on 93 octane.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have this turbo, but my car has other mods also, there is no lag, lag feels the same as factory. I have put out 25 lbs with it. It's actually a little quicker re spool. But my car is a manual also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have this turbo, but my car has other mods also, there is no lag, lag feels the same as factory. I have put out 25 lbs with it. It's actually a little quicker re spool. But my car is a manual also.
Any dyno numbers?

·
Registered
ATS
69 Posts
Hey guys just wondering any feed back on this turbo and how much power you gained, and If you don't mind adding your build specs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys just wondering any feed back on this turbo and how much power you gained, and If you don't mind adding your build specs.
I'll have my car back in a few days, so I can give some insight then. ZZP currently has my car and is doing this turbo.

I also have:
-K&N air filter
-ZZP intake tube
-ZZP FMIC
-ZZP large tb
-ZZP oil catch can
-e85 sensor
-Colder Denso plugs
-ECM & TCM tuned while @ ZZP

I'll do some data logs with HP Tuner when I get her back and see what it thinks it's laying down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Got her back and have a bit of time behind the wheel now...

Lag is very very low...better than stock.

I've only seen 20lbs boost without KR, but that was on 93. Just dropped the first 7.5gals of E85 in her, logged it, and sent log file to ZZP. I'd expect some more boost to come from the E85/93 50/50ish blend...we will see what ZZP thinks before I go and up the boost myself.

Think I was pulling 22-23lbs on 93 with a bit of KR when Tim and I took her out.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts