Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used ZIEBART diamond coat on their car before? And if so what do you think? Price isn't bad....
I think this has been posted somewhere before but I can't find it.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Just one of many "paint protection" products that salesmen push and work into the purchase price. Costs ~$50, And I've seen other forum posts of dealers charging anywhere from $200-$400 to apply it.

Do yourself a favor and use a good wax every 3-6 months.

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's kinda what I was expecting to hear. Was considering it because the clay bar and buff job would cost me as much. I'll just wait until I have the time. Thanks.
I think I will do the clear bra on the mirrors and front.
Now I trying to remember the name of the wax and clay bar kit that everyone was talking about.

·
Registered
2016 XTS4, 2010 DTS (gone), '07 STS4 (gone), '03 DHS (gone)
655 Posts
Megiuars. Some concerted effort for a lot of return - I 've done my last 5 cars for their twice-a-year Clean-Polish-Wax 3-step program, yes it's a bunch of elbow grease but: it has gained me (MANY) thousands of dollars upon trade-in.

Just running it through the car wash and selecting the "Wax option" isn't the same, trust me.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
I use professional grade/body shop supply shop clay now. I used to use the Meguiers and it worked good.

For wax I'm currently using Mothers Gold Class pure carnauba liquid wax. Only tried it because I read several reviews/comparisons praising it. I was mostly concerned with longevity. Who knows who's actually doing this "testing" or what the criteria is, but in any case I tried it and I'm happy with the performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts