Would anyone have any experince on either the wet or dry kits,

thanks

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Would anyone have any experince on either the wet or dry kits,

thanks
in the process MUHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
i wouldnt choose zex though because our car is drive by wire and they have no kit for us . nx does btw

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Supercharged
267 Posts
I had installed a few systems in the past. Not on a CTS. I had come across a system that had a problem with the controller. The system was stock in the ON position. There was a defect in the controller. Make sure you do all your research before you make a purchase.

Nels

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2006 Other 2000 260Km+ Club GTP
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking ZEX for my GP not my CTS , I can get a kit installed for 700 CDN for my GP , I was just wondering if anyone had any experiince with it

thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2006 Other 2000 260Km+ Club GTP
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
3.8 S/c with too many mods LOL and I was hoping to install it myself(if I can get it for a cheaper price)

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Let me know if any of you install a NOX kit on the cts...especiially the 3.2. I wanna know how our engines handle it.:confused:

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Silver Smoke
173 Posts
:excited: NAAWWWZZZ!!!

:rave:

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
remeber everyone that tries to do this. A few important rules

1. we have many rev limiters for various things(could cause a disaster)with a microswitch
2. 3.2's have a dual throttle body so a dual injector will be needed
3. dry kits almost always run lean so probebly not the safest choice
4. our cars are drive by wire so it would be best to use a drive by wire system

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
well the 3.2 has a dual intake throttle body but it behaves like a single intake. with a dry kit you want to spray before the MAF so the engine sees the very cold temps and adds fuel to the mix to keep the engine from running lean.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
well the 3.2 has a dual intake throttle body but it behaves like a single intake. with a dry kit you want to spray before the MAF so the engine sees the very cold temps and adds fuel to the mix to keep the engine from running lean.
explain more about how the intake behaves please
thanks kael
and how this would effect a wet kit

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
well take a look at it, its two throttle bodies with a linked butterfly valve, there are two intake pipes going into them but there is a single source for the air. for a dry kit you would place the nozzle after the filter but before the Maf.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
well take a look at it, its two throttle bodies with a linked butterfly valve, there are two intake pipes going into them but there is a single source for the air. for a dry kit you would place the nozzle after the filter but before the Maf.
yeah i know that but if you were to run a wet puddeling would most likely occour and a dry kit would most likely run lean and since our cars cant be tuned there is no cure for the dry kit leaning out and causing detonation.

so wet would be the best option because you can tune it through the jets.

so anyway i was thinking of a twin nozzel with a extension for the N02 nozzles to mount directly before the throttle body

your thoughts kael??

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I've know several guys who've run dry kits without a tune. The only changes they made was running a cooler plug & they didn't have any issues. The whole idea of a dry kit is to let the cars computer adjust the fuel from the readings it gets from the MAF. What kind of cars have you seen them running lean on?

Of course I'm talking about a somewhat small shot, like 100 or less. Higher than that you might start running into issues & need larger injectors and/or a tune.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
I've know several guys who've run dry kits without a tune. The only changes they made was running a cooler plug & they didn't have any issues. The whole idea of a dry kit is to let the cars computer adjust the fuel from the readings it gets from the MAF. What kind of cars have you seen them running lean on?

Of course I'm talking about a somewhat small shot, like 100 or less. Higher than that you might start running into issues & need larger injectors and/or a tune.
i am just going off what i have learned from nitrous forums and the tuner shops i have talked to. I am not an expert but it does make sence. The maf does adapt but does it can run lean on a 35 shot even from what i heard. Id rather have the exact a/f ratio rather then put alot of stress on my baby

I am not an expert though just regurgating info

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I'm by no means an expert either! I ran a 5177 dry kit on my LS1 for a little while, but it had a cam that was perfect for juice, larger fuel injectors & a custom tune. I only ran a 75 shot because I was already putting down over 400 rwhp without it & didn't think my stock 10 bolt would hold much more. Back in college when I worked at Auto Zone, we put a 75 shot dry kit on my supervisor's (leased) 2001 4.0 Ranger Edge. That thing would take a stock Mustang in the 1/8th all day long!

Either way you go, dry or wet, be sure you get solid advice from a pro! Make sure you get all the safety switches/pills they recommend & don't try to take short cuts. We don't want to see any Caddy carnage on here! (although the pics might be cool)

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
I'm by no means an expert either! I ran a 5177 dry kit on my LS1 for a little while, but it had a cam that was perfect for juice, larger fuel injectors & a custom tune. I only ran a 75 shot because I was already putting down over 400 rwhp without it & didn't think my stock 10 bolt would hold much more. Back in college when I worked at Auto Zone, we put a 75 shot dry kit on my supervisor's (leased) 2001 4.0 Ranger Edge. That thing would take a stock Mustang in the 1/8th all day long!

Either way you go, dry or wet, be sure you get solid advice from a pro! Make sure you get all the safety switches/pills they recommend & don't try to take short cuts. We don't want to see any Caddy carnage on here! (although the pics might be cool)
oh yes their will be pics of carnage LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts