Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
'11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V
1,908 Posts
Everyone's car looks great. It's making me feel guilty about the shitty state mine is in.

Here's an even better question. How does everyone avoid getting all kinds of rock chips and what not? I've got a ton of them, and I've always gotten a ton of them, on pretty much every car I've owned.
Be faster than the guy in front of you? :duck:

·
Registered
2007 cts v
482 Posts
If road rash is minor it can be greatly reduced my wet sanding and polishing then follow up with a few coats of your favourite lsp
I always recommend to my customers that daily there cars to get the clear film done like Rander said
If the rash is deep best option is repaint or reclear the affected areas
Iam not a fan of touch ups on rash

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Everyone's car looks great. It's making me feel guilty about the shitty state mine is in.

Here's an even better question. How does everyone avoid getting all kinds of rock chips and what not? I've got a ton of them, and I've always gotten a ton of them, on pretty much every car I've owned.
Don't drive on the highway. I swear that's where all chips come from.

----------

Car looks amazing! Damn those wheels. Tell me you can pull on that SHO
I can't hang from a dig. I'm peeling out in 1st and 2nd while he is just AWD'ing away from me lol.

We did 30-40+ and I pulled a car length on him and we ran out of road both times. The thing is really fn fast. I don't know how much psi they crank those turbos up to with that tune, but it's all you can hear. It's pretty sweet.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,330 Posts
Wash with Dawn.
Clay bar.
Wash with Z7.
Z5.
Z6.
Z5.
Z6.
Z2.
Z6 or Z8.
Replace arm.
I go with...

Wash.
Drive.

I may try their 1-step AIO stuff at some point, but there's not a chance in hell I'll ever do a 9-step process. :p

·
Registered
NONE
791 Posts
I go with...

Wash.
Drive.

I may try their 1-step AIO stuff at some point, but there's not a chance in hell I'll ever do a 9-step process. :p
That's my current system too. Sometimes I go to the automatic car wash and get the "wax" if it's on special...

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
977 Posts
You guys are lucky... My fiancee already complains about when I detail my car. I had to bribe her with a spa day just so she would let me clay bar and wax the V.

·
Registered
2002 DeVille
88 Posts
A clear bra will eliminate them (mine has), but once you get them, I don't know the best way to fix them.
Clear bras are great. I just bought a 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited for my wife in March and the first thing I did was call and schedule an appointment to get that put on. The thing no one told me that I had to figure out for myself was that bugs and whatnot are very hard to wash off of the clear bra and using your fingernails when a car sponge doesn't work leaves scratches...a coat of wax took care of that.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,175 Posts

Here's what I did to fix the paint chips on the front of my car. Worked incredible well, as you can see from the photos:

http://benjaminhunting.com/2010/10/dr-colorchip-review-a-paint-chip-repair-system-that-works/

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS V
329 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V - Black Raven
283 Posts
Here's what I did to fix the paint chips on the front of my car. Worked incredible well, as you can see from the photos:

http://benjaminhunting.com/2010/10/dr-colorchip-review-a-paint-chip-repair-system-that-works/
I've used the Dr. Colorchip on the V and my wife's Oriental Blue E39 BMW. I have to admit that it worked better on the BMW than the V, how hard is BLACK to match anyway, LOL. On a serious note, the Dr. Colorchip MAY take multiple coats for really deep nicks, but I am absolutely impressed with the application process that doesn't end up looking like globs of touch up paint. It can be fairly time consuming and the smallest kit they make is a LOT of touch up paint, it's really the blending solution and cloths that you may run out of if you're trying to touch up the ENTIRE car and have a ton of chips you're dealing with.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
You guys are lucky... My fiancee already complains about when I detail my car. I had to bribe her with a spa day just so she would let me clay bar and wax the V.
It's still not to late to drop back 10 and punt...and see what other options are out there....:stirpot:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
^^^^^that's what I'm talking about....gotta "train 'em" early....and "train' em" right!

Congrats my man!

P.S. I'll deny I ever typed this if my wife asks!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Raven, StainlessWorks header back exhaust
977 Posts
^^^ lol you two are far more gangster than I lol.

It's still not to late to drop back 10 and punt...and see what other options are out there....:stirpot:
Lol she is cool I just am always going on about cars... I could see how it gets annoying. Its literally all I talk about 5)% of the time... Then 45% is guns and 5% is her stuff lol.

I'll try out this Zaino stuff everyone always raves about it and I'm almost out of Mother's

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Zaino...its name is the worst. Might as well call it Draino. Or Zoomers. And their product naming system? Ridiculously asinine.

I don't doubt the quality of the stuff and never the results. But I've used Griots for years and am always very happy with the results. Many here saw my '04, which was tracked AND kept immaculate...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
^^^BTW....speaking of Zoomers....I haven't seen or heard the Zoomers system on a V in person....anyone rocking the catback system?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts