Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the best. Incredibll shine and the protection is like a shield. Virtually eliminates paint chips when applied in three or more coats. Have to order from the website which I believe is www.zainobros.com. can't find it in the store. Stuff lasts forever as you use an incredibly small amount.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Started waxing as a 15 yr old on a 55 Sedan DeVille in 1962. Have had & waxed many since then . Tried Zaino two yrs. ago and it is the best stuff I have ever used. Easiest to put on and buff off and lasts through a MI winter. It eliminates swirl marks and shines like a lighthouse.
What more can a guy ask for????

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
KSCaddyman said:
the best. Incredibll shine and the protection is like a shield. Virtually eliminates paint chips when applied in three or more coats. Have to order from the website which I believe is www.zainobros.com. can't find it in the store. Stuff lasts forever as you use an incredibly small amount.

Zaino was rated 1st by The Wax Test www.gurureports.org out of the 46 products that were tested, it will not stop paint chipping though, but nothing will. I know this because we sell more Zaino that anyone else. ;)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Nice collection of rides hcvone!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Here's what one guy said at hometheaterforum.com (more than just a/v !)

Being a car cleaning buff all my life, I've been through a lot of products for a lot of years. Several years ago I ending up with Mequiers 3 step process. Although it was a lot of work, it certainly was worth the time and effort until...........I tried ZAINO.... Sure the first time is a little time consuming but after that, it is simply the easiest on/off I have ever seen and the results are spectacular.
The Zainobros website gives a lot of info and tips and they do all work together to give a very long lasting and deep shine to your pride and joy. My yearly process is:
1)Wash with DAWN dishwashing liquid
2)Clay bar
3)Dawn again
4)chamios
5)Apply Z2 or Z5 (with ZFX for quick dry)
6)30 minutes later, remove
7) It is so easy, you'll usually do another coast immediately
CAUTION.... An ounce of Zaino should do 2 cars.... A VERY THIN COAT IS THE TRICK.
After that, its just a wash with Zaino car wash, dry and a coat of Z2 or Z5 (with ZFX). All in about an hour. It is so easy, you'll do this a lot and get those results you have always been seeking.
There simply is nothing that rivals that silky, velvety feel after a clay bar/ Zaino process.
entire thread here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139151&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=1

any comments?

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Eldo1953 said:
Nice collection of rides hcvone!

Eldo1953, thanks for the kind words, your collection rocks as well. No 1959 Eldo? I have been telling my Cady customers about your site, I hope they will stop by. :)

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Astronomer said:
Hey guys,

I know this has been mentioned before but: What about this as a GP?

Astronomer, you probably will not see any GP's this year due to the fact that we have a few new products that we are trying to get out to market, and we like to test these things to death before they get released to the public, ZFX was tested for 4 years before it was released.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I bit the bullet and ordered Zaino products:

Clay bar (Z-18), Z-2, Z-5, Z-6, and ZFX

zainobros.com explained that the ZFX is an additive to Z-2,3,5 in order to speed up the process. It's meant to replace Z-1 which required 6-24 hrs between coats. ZFX requires only 1 hr between coats.

Can't wait to give this stuff a spin..I'll take before and after pics for us!

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Astronomer said:
Ok hcvone....you got me....what's ZFX? And what's it going to do for me?

Astronomer, ZFX replaces the need for Z-1 and a whole lot more. ZFX has instant cure time, you can apply 3 coats in a day without waiting in between. ZFX also allows the polishes (Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5) to form a harder tighter bond, as well as allowing the polishes to shine brighter. If you still have Z-1 finsh that first (I hate to see people waste anything) if you never used Zaino be sure to order the ZFX and not the Z-1, the ZFX is more user friendly, as well as a time saver. You can read more about ZFX at www.zainobros.com

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
3 coats in a day is all you should apply, much more than that the product will not fully cure and you could get smears when removing, that is why we say 3 coats per day.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
11 Participants
RickTra