1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Oops! :suspense:

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
CVP33 said:
http://img458.imageshack.us/my.php?image=totaledbluez069gh.jpg

Apparently driver walked away with only a chipped tooth and the knowledge that he just wasted $75,000 showing off.
Was there a story?

If he had $80k (out the door) to spend on a Z06 he's not crying over it. A friend of mine runs a body shop that fixes high-end stuff (Porsches, Ferraris, Vipers, and the like) almost exclusively. The damage is almost always suspension (wheels torn off or bent into unnatural angles) and lower extremeties (rockers, bumpers, undercarriage) and they usually pay out-of-pocket. He figures the casualties are the result of track events or losing control on the street, either way they're mostly single-car accidents caused by driver-error. He has a lot of repeat customers but none care to elaborate as to how their car got damaged. They're pretty nonchalant about it. He doesn't ask questions, he just fixes 'em.

I had my Caddy painted there and the van is going in next week. It's cool to walk around and try to guess what foolish move led to each misfortune.

Jim

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
urbanski said:
Accident happened on December 9th, 2005 in Richardson Texas. The owner was from Kentucky and owned the car for less then 60 days. He walked away with a chipped tooth. Word is a corner came up ;)
Dayummmm. On the plus side a couple of guys get new pickup trucks from him!

I saw a Jimmy on top of a Pathfinder on Rt. 80 Sunday. Just sitting on top of it like someone set it there. I'd have thought someone had stacked them on purpose if it wasn't for the ambulances and police cars. It was weird. But those are even better.

Jim

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
That the driver survived that and walked away is a testament to the quality of the Z06's strong yet extremely lightweight carbon fiber construction. I only wonder whether the all steel version would have fared as well. The passenger compartment is barely intruded at all and you know he had to be driving like a bat out of hell.

I would be willing to bet thats the very first customer destroyed Z06. That ones gonna be on wrecked exotics Im sure.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Did he roll it or what?

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He went under a truck. I'm sure the impact scrubbed speed and allowed the vehicle to do it's job of protecting the occupants. Had there been a passenger the ending might have been worse. Windshield leads me to believe that's where he caught the corner of the truck.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
This picture is harder to look at then the crushed 360 posted awhile ago

why did it have to be a Z06??! :yawn:

·
Registered
'87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)
3,703 Posts
That man should be dragged from his home, and mercilessly beaten with his own shoe, until he understands why you don't do what he did.:bighead: :hammer:

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Playdrv4me said:
I would be willing to bet thats the very first customer destroyed Z06. That ones gonna be on wrecked exotics Im sure.
Probably, but it depends on what you mean by destroyed. I met a guy who cracked a piston in his C6 Z06 back in October.

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21978&hl=

And that was probably customer destroyed but I don't speak that language.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
As in totalled... Insurance company settlement vehicle. A cracked piston would be a warranty repair unless GM blames it on the customer which would not surprise me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
It's really too bad it had to happen to a Z06 but at least the driver is alright. He probably feels bad enough right now for all of us, at least stupid enough. Glad nobody was hurt, it happens. That's why they call them accidents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts