Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
It's not terrible for $30. I've seen people talk about these, but I've never seen anyone get one. It looks to me to basically be some of that chrome edgeing that you get from Auto Zone to put around the door edges or fender lips. I guess it would be alright if you're on a budget. It's different and doesn't look like stock.

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
Not half bad actually... I would just be worried about the 'chrome' finish bubbling/tarnishing after a few weeks of exposure to the elements. ;)

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
i wouldn't do it...

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
If you choose to do this, you must post pics so we can see. What if somehow we're all wrong and its great, then you can take credit for starting the next great CTS trend.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Someone tried it...didnt hold up to well....look at all the bugs and little rocks that hit your car...next thing you know its ruined.......It did look good however, he kind of made a sports grill with it...but then took it off ;)

Not bad for $30 but I think he said he could get the same tape at autozone for $10

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well like i said i was looking and thinking but not sure if i would want to try it. what if it doesnt look good or it dont last. I dont need to be getting a new grill. If im going to do anything i might just get it painted or buy a new V looking grill. Thanks for all your input anyway:thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS
62 Posts
I actually tried this stuff from Ebay last year. It didnt look bad, until after a couple of months and the chrome strips start cracking and even peeling off. A cheap way to change the look of the factory grill, but doesnt stand out as much like a V-grill or Sports grill. Most of my friends didnt even notice the change !!! I finally took it all off a month ago and I'm going with the Sports grill !! Sorry i dont have any pictures, but the pics are similar to the pics on ebay anyways, maybe not as shiny !!!

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts

·
Registered
o4 CTS .. Platinum LUX
147 Posts
i think it looks decent imo but i too plan on goin with the sports grille ... i was actually thinking about chrome trim over 3rd brake light i.e. 2007 g35 ... but just the top trunk portion and not covering the actual light ...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
Never put stickers on your car, especially on a Cadillac. You paid good money, now buy better quality parts. I love seeing the people who buy high dollar SUV's and put on those stick-on ram-air scoops, bc they are too cheap buy a real ram-air hood.:cookoo:

·
Registered
'11 CADILLAC CTS
356 Posts
DON'T SO IT. YOUR GOING TO MAKE EVERYONE ELSE LOOK DOWN AT A CADILLAC. Sorry, just thought I should point that out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts