Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is your choice year project car? And Why?

• 2004, 2005 CTS-V

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • 2006, 2007 CTS-V

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Twin Turbo 2005 CTS-V
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to build a maximum effort V.... I.E. Forged large displacement engine, power adder, upgraded trans & clutch, needless to say new KARS rear, and so on....What would be your choice and the pros and cons of using either a 04, 05 V virses a 06, 07 car. I know the newer models differ in the drive by wire and what ever the other differences are in the ECM from LS-6 to LS-2. What would be your pick and why? Thanks in advance all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Since your doing some major work I don't think it matters.

Warranty - The seat covers might still be covered.
Drive Train - Completely swapped out
Suspension - Both available with the FG2's
Interior - Newer may mean less wear
Exterior - Different color option for 07 (big whop)
Entertainment system - same (I think)

As with any major project I would recommend just starting with a solid base. You know, accident free (not Urb's or Minh's V) would probably be a good start unless you get a crazy deal for one that needs to be straightened.

Probably no help but good luck with whichever way you decide to go.

I like my 07 but I'm sure they are all great cars. Another thought is to hold out for the 09, Looking pretty cool and if it truely is 600HP and the rear end is fixed then it would be a great start. Just think, if it starts at 600 then 700 may be not to difficult to attain.

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts
All Vs are drive-by-wire. The PCM/ECMs differences aren't a big deal.

What do you really want to know?

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Since you're going to be gutting most of the drivetrain and voiding any warranty you may have, I'd say get a high mile '04 to save money- more to spend on the mods that way.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Since you're going to be gutting most of the drivetrain and voiding any warranty you may have, I'd say get a high mile '04 to save money- more to spend on the mods that way.
I agree and would only add that if you do NOT want a sunroof, which seems likely for a "full house" project, you would be limited to 04s and 05s.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
04 - completely forged 427 or 408 - madman or c3 iron rear - tubbed for 335's - afr heads - big cam - all the bolt ons - 150 shot nitrous

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I agree.
Plus... with all the totalled 04s and those that have been heavily modded... it makes my nearly stock '04 even more rare.
I wonder how many of the original 2,461 MY2004 Vs are still out there?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts