Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very interested to see everyone's opinion on this.

I have noticed that the younger members on this forum don't seem like they are takin' as serious as many of the 'older' members. Have you guys realized this? And if so, why do you think this is?

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
I've always been taken seriously or rather; as seriously as I behave. Myself and some of the younger members actually had a Forum Meet with four of us (younger members) in attendance as well as some of the older, organized by two of our younger fellows and we had attendees from the region, as well as some from rather far off. I wouldn't think one could be taken more seriously than having Forum Members come from across the entire country.

Hmmm. Maybe it's the people you're dealing with? I wouldn't advise naming anyone in particular, but may haps the people you are referring to are just...sort of...like that.

Another thing to remember is that with so few posts and such a short time here, you have not had time to fully develop relationships with some of *************** regulars, nor have they had time to understand and get to know you.

Anyhow, welcome to the lounge and I certainly hope that everything works out for you. You can always hang around here and get to know some of the Forum Regulars you may not be as familiar with. We're mostly good people here and even I'm not THAT bad.

·
Registered
2003 Seville STS
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The-Dullahan said:
I've always been taken seriously or rather; as seriously as I behave. Myself and some of the younger members actually had a Forum Meet with four of us in attendance, organized by two of our younger fellows and attendees from the region, as well as some from rather far off. I wouldn't think one could be taken more seriously than having Forum Members come from across the entire country.

Hmmm. Maybe it's the people you're dealing with? I wouldn't advise naming anyone in particular, but may haps the people you are referring to are just...sort of...like that.

Another thing to remember is that with so few posts and such a short time here, you have not had time to fully develop relationships with some of *************** regulars, nor have they had time to understand and get to know you.

Anyhow, welcome to the lounge and I certainly hope that everything works out for you. You can always hang around here and get to know some of the Forum Regulars you may not be as familiar with. We're mostly good people here and even I'm not THAT bad.
I have been (for the most part) been takin pretty seriously. And have had a good experience on these forums. I was just trying to stir up a conversation If other members felt as if younger members may be treated different. But thank you for the very kind response. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
I think alot of the "younger members" being treated differently have to do with either being new (not "known" by the "older members") or acting immaturely. There are quite a few younger guys who hang out around here, but you wouldn't know it based on their attitude and the way they conduct themselves.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
1,219 Posts
cadillac kevin said:
I think alot of the "younger members" being treated differently have to do with either being new (not "known" by the "older members") or acting immaturely. There are quite a few younger guys who hang out around here, but you wouldn't know it based on their attitude and the way they conduct themselves.
Yes sir. I'm only 27 but haven't really noticed anything like the OP wrote about. In all fairness, this is one of the most respectable forums I've ever been on. I've been on tons of jeep forums. Never had a problem with any of them really, but this one can make one feel more welcome! I like that greatly. But, as with any forum, no matter your age, if you act like a 9 year old, you're probably going to be treated as such.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
We're a pretty respectful, mature bunch, the forum as a whole I mean.

At this point in time, we don't have any trolls that need different treatment, so everyone gets along without and major issues and it's a good place to spend time. I ought to know....I've been here since 2006 and have seen many different crowds come and go.

Reactions: greencadillacmatt

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 CTS-V, '64 Corvair Monza
448 Posts
If you guys hung out on the CTS part of the forum, you'd hate young people too.

They are stupid and they put chrome everywhere and they all think they have V's and I hate them.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Lupin said:
If you guys hung out on the CTS part of the forum, you'd hate young people too.

They are stupid and they put chrome everywhere and they all think they have V's and I hate them.
Haha...french matt has to deal with a bunch of 9 year olds :)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,044 Posts
Age has absolutely nothing to do with a member's acceptance or rejection: Attitude does.

Remember: "When I was 16 I was always embarrassed by how little my father knew. When I reached 21 I was amazed at how much he had learned in 5 years."

We all start somewhere, and if we're good at it, we store all that car knowledge in the sawdust in our skulls so we can try to pass it on later.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Yes sir. I'm only 27 but haven't really noticed anything like the OP wrote about. In all fairness, this is one of the most respectable forums I've ever been on. I've been on tons of jeep forums. Never had a problem with any of them really, but this one can make one feel more welcome! I like that greatly. But, as with any forum, no matter your age, if you act like a 9 year old, you're probably going to be treated as such.
I agree. I have over the years been a member of several Forums (of completely different types) as a regular, an occasional visitor and even a Moderator and this Forum does come off better than a lot of them. We don't have as much of the trolling as some other Forums have and though our members, regardless of age, do a fair job of acting maturely. There are exceptions, but they are very rare and far-in-between and most often, it is a one-time event and someone turns to their senses and it's all settled.

May haps it is a "car thing", because in hindsight, the Pontiac forum I frequent has several people under twenty years old and even an eighteen-year-old Moderator, yet that webpage and this one are probably the most respectable forums I visit on a regular basis and I while there are more respectable forums, I have very rarely encountered them.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,556 Posts
I've always been taken seriously or rather; as seriously as I behave.
I think alot of the "younger members" being treated differently have to do with.............. acting immaturely.
if you act like a 9 year old, you're probably going to be treated as such.
Age has absolutely nothing to do with a member's acceptance or rejection: Attitude does.
That pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
For the most part I have no idea of people's ages.

Maturity, or immaturity, knows no age limits.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I wouldn't say I act immature. The lack of seriousness people may convey to me is most likely a result of mildly eccentrc or off-kilter behaviour. Whatever. It gets me a special license plate to park at the front of the store, where the Vikings can't stage an ambush on me.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
I wouldn't say I act immature. The lack of seriousness people may convey to me is most likely a result of mildly eccentrc or off-the-kilt behaviour. Whatever. It gets me a special license plate to park at the front of the store, where the Vikings can't stage an ambush on me.
Fixed. :D

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
I am very interested to see everyone's opinion on this.

I have noticed that the younger members on this forum don't seem like they are takin' as serious as many of the 'older' members. Have you guys realized this? And if so, why do you think this is?
Point proven.

Tongue bitten.

·
Registered
1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance, 2020 Santa Fe, 2003 Honda Reflex scooter
7,966 Posts
I am constantly in awe of how much the young members of this forum know how to do and what they teach us all here. I wish I were as knowledgeable and fearless in my projects when I was a lad!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts