Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My name is Laurent, I live in Canada since last august and I’ am French.
I bought a 91 Fleetwood 2 weeks ago and I need your help, so much that you can not imagine.
1st: I’ am a beginner, this is my very first project.
2nd: Never seen a Cadillac besides in a museum through all my life up to 6 months ago.
3rd: I bought this car 1500$ US but the real cost is -2000$ US I’ am not used to shop cars here in Canada and I found out that my accent would multiply all regular prices by two!
(Thank you guys you won’t catch me again):thehand: :want:
So, this is it I need to make so many repairs that I don’t know where to start first.
I need to know where is located the main fuse box (inside lights, horns, etc) then how to remove the passenger seat controller located on the front passenger door.
Many thanks in advance and be sure that you are very lucky to live in this part of the world where cars is a religion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, Laurent. Your English is pretty good. I'm no help because I just bought a 94 Caddy and am really worried about keeping it running. But some of these guys really know what they're talking about, so I hope they answer you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you bitter,
Yesterday I spent around 2 hours looking everywhere inside the car upside-down to see where this f.. Fuse box could be and I FOUND!!!
If it can help someone (Cadillac Fleetwood 91 owners) the fuse box is located between parking pedal and break pedal, pull down the black cover and you will find 25 fuses. The 9th and 10th are missing but on my car it seems to be normal.
I found that the car has been modified too, something is plugged on the 15th fuse bracket and there is a little switch (hand made installation) unplugged and I don’t know how its supposed to act…
All fuses are good and it doesn’t explain why the courtesy lights located on the sealing are not working (bulbs are new) ????

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
For your courtesy lights, check the door jamb switch if it has any, also check the inside light switch and see if the lights come on with that. That should narrow it down. When you are describing the fuse box, I think that someone before you has installed an aftermarket alarm, and then left some of it behind. All I can say is bon chance with it, because you are going to have to do some digging. Another suggestion is to buy the Field Service Manual for it, you may be able to get in French as GM was forced to make two different manuals, one for the English and one for the French market in Quebec, you may have to look on ebay for it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your passenger seat controller is very easy to remove. Grab a flat-blade screwdriver, medium size. Place the blade under the rear edge of the controller plate, then carefully push forward, then lift up with the screwdriver. You're pushing a tab forward that holds the controller into the arm rest. Very simple to remove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts