Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if you guys could add a aurora section, since gmforums.com is now gone, and the cars share ALOT in common, engine/trans/frame....etc etc

that and alot of the aurora guys knew about this page, so they should be able to find it....edmunds townhall layout is HORRIBLE!!!!!

let me know

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I don't see why not. Hell we got a Mod in here who owns a Infiniti and not a Cadillac. So this may be possible.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
If enough Oldsmobile owners come here and reply to this message, I'll get something good going for you guys.. Okay? Not a problem.. Whatever I do will be top-notch... I just need to know people will be around for it...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
If enough Oldsmobile owners come here and reply to this message, I'll get something good going for you guys.. Okay? Not a problem.. Whatever I do will be top-notch... I just need to know people will be around for it...
I love auroras!! Plus they share a smaller version of the Northstar and have a lot of the same luxury options. I'm down with getting an aurora section, they are great cars and plus it would give me an excuse to buy one!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Well. I want to keep this place 100% Cadillac, so.. If there's enough interest, I'll get an oldsmobileforums.com site going. I pretty-much have a good cookie-cutter system to have a site up and running with a few hours. BUT - I would definitely need some qualified people to run the site. So if anyone is really, really interested in this, please reply here and let me know. I wont have any time to manage it. So that would have to be up to somebody else...

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
Well. I want to keep this place 100% Cadillac, so.. If there's enough interest, I'll get an oldsmobileforums.com site going. I pretty-much have a good cookie-cutter system to have a site up and running with a few hours. BUT - I would definitely need some qualified people to run the site. So if anyone is really, really interested in this, please reply here and let me know. I wont have any time to manage it. So that would have to be up to somebody else...
I wouldn't be intersted in helping with the olds forum b/c of lack of interest. (sorry olds lovers) but i would be willing to help in the caddy forum to help take the load off of someone. Let me know if you need me to do anything. Love the site. Love the people. Love the caddy :worship:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see your point wanting it to be 100% cadillac, but at the same time ALOT of the stuff that relates to aurora's directly relates to seville/deville/eldorado's, so wouldn't it be a better resource to have all northstar owners in one spot?

that way maybe some caddy owners have a question that a cadillac owner hasn't experienced yet, but a aurora owner has, and vice versa.

i think it would benefit both cadillac and aurora owners to have 1 central site, ive seen it alot, like Riviera owners having a section at REGALGS.org, lumina owners posting at mymonte.com etc etc, it benefits everyone.

come on sal!! LOL

there are already 2 of us trolling around.....this is such a good spot for info, makes it a hassle to check and post at 2 sites!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Well.. As it stands right now - we have a Northstar technical area.. Why not just word Aurora questions different. Like - instead of saying "Issue with Aurora Northstar: - say "Issue with Northstar in Aurora". I suppose that could work alright.. But, I'd still like to get input from everyone here..

On the other hand, with an oldsmobileforums.com type of thing going, you'll be able to gather so many more resourceful people because of the name. Many Oldsmobile owners wouldn't think twice about coming here to look for advice.. But they'd never second-guess visiting oldsmobileforums.com...

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
if you need help with a possible olds side let me know , id love to help in any way i can , i have some knollage about them so i wont be totaly lost , followed the quad4 , areotech, and aurora programs for a long time and i go to alot of classic car shows so my 442/hurst/cutlass infos getting beatter every friday and saturday

but i do welcome the aurora guys , :worship:

the aurora was a very beautiful car , its a shame its relgated to be a "soon to be classic"

·
Banned
701 Posts
There were lots of Aurora guys on the GMForums site that contributed some good info. I hate that the site bit the dust. The Aurora is similar to the Cadillacs as far as powerplant goes, but I must agree with Sal on keeping this site Cadillac only. I would welcome our Olds brothers here to discuss the the baby brother to the Northstar, and contribute to the site. We could all stand to learn from each other. I also like the idea of an OldsmobileForum and would most likely look around there as well since I had a 442, and am looking at them and older Cutlass's for possible project cars.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
In the meantime, you can get an idea of what it'll be like by visiting the beta of www.lincolnforums.com (only the COMMUNITY button works). My intentions with these 'sister' sites is actually to pull people into here and get them interested in a Cadillac - but I think the various forums are needed and will serve the many people who are missing them now.. There's nothing like a site that's dedicated 100% for owners...

It's sorta like what happens on the Yankees. They've got Luis Sojo - who's a darn good player! But he's on the bench most of the time. Why? He's good at just about every position. He can play first, second, third, shortstop.. The outfield.. He's a great utility guy.. But he'll never be a Derek Jeter. Why? Because he doesn't JUST play one position. He's spread too thin...

·
Registered
989 Posts
While you're doing all this forum building, you should add a classic caddy section to this forum. That would be cool to get more information from and it'd be easier to ask the guys how to do things and not have to deal with computer and sensor issues from newer models. I'd be happy to help mod that section, if you wanted to make it and if you wanted to appoint me. :)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
While we're at it, how about a race section? Drag, and *snicker* Autocross. :) I took my baby autocrossing, and did very respectably, so I think the Caddy is a viable autocrosser. :) Hehehe
Oh yea, Sal, or whoever is the head honcho, I'm an experienced mod, so if you need an extra mod, or a mod for a racing section, let me know.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
While you're doing all this forum building, you should add a classic caddy section to this forum...
I was thinking the same thing.

Ice/Phil/Shadow, yeah Sal's the head dude here. There is a section called "Cadillac Kill Stories and Race Videos," but I believe you have to have over a certain number of posts to get into it. Am I right?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I would definitely be for a Classic Caddy section. Put all my useless knowledge to use. :bouncy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
DaveSmed