Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question on 10-31-05 about my new (to me) 2000 sts that liked to shut off when IT felt like it. The responces I received all pointed to the "crankshaft position sensors". I had my baby in the shop twice before I asked for help here, and both times, the shop claimed "no problems found".
Armed with the info you guys gave me, i made a third appointment, told the mechanic about the sensors, he replaced both (for free) and since then, not a single unwarranted engine shut off! (So far, I hope I didn't just jix myself!)
I just wanted to thank all of you who offered your expertise and let you know some of you know more than the "professionals" out there.
Thanks!!! :2thumbs:

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
Sounds like you need to find a better dealer service! It took them 3 times to find faulty crank sensors.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
Juniorverse said:
I posted a question on 10-31-05 about my new (to me) 2000 sts that liked to shut off when IT felt like it. The responces I received all pointed to the "crankshaft position sensors". I had my baby in the shop twice before I asked for help here, and both times, the shop claimed "no problems found".
Armed with the info you guys gave me, i made a third appointment, told the mechanic about the sensors, he replaced both (for free) and since then, not a single unwarranted engine shut off! (So far, I hope I didn't just jix myself!)
I just wanted to thank all of you who offered your expertise and let you know some of you know more than the "professionals" out there.
Thanks!!! :2thumbs:
Great news, Juniorverse, thanks for letting us know. Glad you were able to get it resolved. Sounds like whatever shop checked it out the previous 2 times could use a few lessons... If you have any questions about your car, how to fix something, what's wrong with something, the best whatever to use, etc., use the Search feature above or click the link below and you'll find loads of good info and friendly people here. Enjoy your ride!

Advanced Search:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php

1 - 4 of 4 Posts