Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cruised past a new, clean, black, STS on the freeway today. I just want to let you STS owners know that you have chosen well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Class? The STS is so overpriced it's pathetic. This board is full of people who own this model so of course their responses will be positive. I am a designer for GM and believe me, this car is NOTHING like the old Cadillacs. The STS is cheap in its formation except for all the electronics (which will be made in places like India in the not to distant future). In case you all haven't figured out yet you bought a glorified CTS.

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
and your point is ???? What I buy, I buy for me, not to please you. So the electronics will be made in India in the future, so what, the electronics in mine were not so what does that mean? Sounds to me like you probably can't afford to buy a man's car like the STS and you are bitter. BTW I choose the STS over the CTS because it's a little bigger. So tell me what isn't over priced these days? So you are a designer for GM, way to show loyalty to the company where you earn your living. If you hate GM that much you shoud quit.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
ARTSBEST said:
Class? The STS is so overpriced it's pathetic. This board is full of people who own this model so of course their responses will be positive. I am a designer for GM and believe me, this car is NOTHING like the old Cadillacs. The STS is cheap in its formation except for all the electronics (which will be made in places like India in the not to distant future). In case you all haven't figured out yet you bought a glorified CTS.
ok so youre sayin its not worth the price tag, as a designer wouldnt you be at least partly responsible for the overall look/feel of the car, you could have tried harder huh?

·
Registered
516 Posts
ARTSBEST said:
He must just be tryin to get a rise out of everyone...lol

Let's see STS/CTS (At least mine):

Different engine (optional of course)
Different Steering
Different Suspension
Diefferent Cooling Package
Different Vehicle dimensions
Different Interior layout
Different features
Wait, where did I leave off?

Of course it matters on which packages you choose but at least in my case the only major comparison is the "Sigma" body styling and even that has differences in the rake of the hood and tail.

And price is relative as well. I priced and drove both the E500 and 745 Series and to get them outfitted engine/feature wise I came out ahead BIG time...

But as always that is just my opinion and worth nothing except to my own personal self but for my 55k I am very happy...

I hope you are equally satisfied with your vehicle of choice.

·
Registered
516 Posts
soupero said:
why not the 745 (or the new 750) Cajonkev, isn't the bmw much better than the sts?!!
BMW's are nice and generally well made for sure. I don't even compare to them on much of the interior finish quality, they win. However go to the BMW website and price a 750 with the comparable options as my STS (1SG ACC). Your now looking at or above 100k (108K loaded I think).

I use me STS as my daily work car at over 35k miles a year. My depreciation on it makes me feel better than if I had dropped the 100k for a Beemr or Benz. Not to mention there are oodles of them (MB&BMW's) all over the road (OC/SD SoCal - I counted 42 BMW's driving to work once last month "One way") and I like the distinction of a lower production vehicle.

Now as for my long wheelbase car for dining out or the convertable? Those purchases I did not throw GM's way...:)

As always to each... but for the same/similiar options the caddy wins pricewise hands down.

·
See you in the funny papers
26,239 Posts
What a troll.... Juding by the sum of his posts here, he wants a DTS but can't afford it, and so he lashes out at those who can. Pretty weak, brother.

I'm loving every minute of my STS, and it's twice the car the CTS is, hence the price difference. Of course, you would know that if you knew anything about cars, now wouldn't you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tony Orlando said:
What a troll.... Juding by the sum of his posts here, he wants a DTS but can't afford it, and so he lashes out at those who can. Pretty weak, brother.

I'm loving every minute of my STS, and it's twice the car the CTS is, hence the price difference. Of course, you would know that if you knew anything about cars, now wouldn't you?
He would know that if he owned one.Cadillac Owner wannabe.:tisk:

·
Registered
41 Posts
ARTSBEST a designer for GM? What a load of crap.

If you think saying your a designer will give more credence to your argument...think again.

Try Facts...they work better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Come to think of it he (ARTEST) is right, the STS is not like the old Cadillac.

Like oh, my first, a 76 Seville, 350 engine, had all of 180 horsepower, got about 12 mpg, floated on the road like a cruise ship, came with a groovy demo 8 track, I could do about 15mph tops on turns, and had the most beautiful simulated plastic wood to go with all the chrome and brushed aluminum on the dash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
ARTSBEST has bad mouthed the STS before in this forum. 2-3 months ago.
I think it was about age & buying the STS.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw another one today: a STS-4 with M plates. I was embarassed that my CTS was so dirty from dirt roads and rain spatters.

As for artsbest's opinions, I disagree. I'd like to hear what vehicles he designed for GM. Aztek?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well im very happy with my STS .. and i also own a E500 .. I prefer my cadi.. I looked at the BMW 7 but theirs alot of them around .. tho the Beemer is very nice large price difference for something pretty simaler depending on which options you get...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a 06 V8-4 STS 1SG Pkg. Black:) I love it!
I recently owned a "03" Acura TL. The ride of the STS is great.
The styling is awesome and I'm glad GM has resurrected this division!
I was a non-american car buyer for years but the car impressed me.
Cadillac has their act together and is ready to kick ass!!!!!!:want:

Have 2 friends with 700 series BMW's nothing but problems:bonkers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
joedcircle7