Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ATS
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They replaced the battery 11 months ago, so first battery lasted about a year, now the replaced battery (if that's the problem, haven't heard back yet from the dealership), only lasted 11 months. There has to be something jacking up that battery right? They should last 4-5 years at least..... Ugh..... Cadillac sucks. Worst piece of junk car ever. Only positive is that I've made friends with people at the service department and they know me on a first name basis since I visit them every 2 weeks. This time it was only a week between visits though, lol. Junk.

This was yesterday

This was 11 months ago

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
It's not the battery this time. All of your dash functions work, it's just the car won't start. I would put my money on an electrical component that is part of the starting system.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
It's not the battery this time. All of your dash functions work, it's just the car won't start. I would put my money on an electrical component that is part of the starting system.
So, maybe an ignition switch, starter or starter solenoid (of course it could be a number of other unexpected 'open' circuits) or even the PCM.

·
Registered
548 Posts
ATS has battery underrun protection. So it shouldn't be dying completely without you knowing. Probably is something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts