Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much you miss your seville until it's been at the shop for two weeks straight!!! A lil background on it, I bought the seville about a month ago. It is a 2000 sls and had 39000 miles on it. I bought it for 10500 with a 3 year 36000 mile extended warrranty. Well, a motor mount broke, so I took it into the shop to get that fixed. I guess while it was in there , the security system malfunctioned, so the chevy dealer that I bought it from, plugged it into their diagnostic machine, which in turn completely screwed the computer up. I got in the car to pick it up yesterday not knowing what had happened, when I did it started saying "Service suspension system, Service restraint system, Service Engine Soon" I about tore up pavement running into that shop. So now they have my car for another week, and I am stuck driving this tahoe they put me in. Now while I do appreciate that they gave me a car to drive, the Tahoe is definitely not a replacement for a well cared for Cadillac. Sorry you all, I just needed to rant a bit..
Trev

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
I wouldn't really trust a chevy dealer with my caddy, I would try and find a good cadillac dealer to work on it. I'd get used to having the car in the shop too.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I wouldn't really trust a chevy dealer with my caddy, I would try and find a good cadillac dealer to work on it. I'd get used to having the car in the shop too.
x2.

The chevy dealer couldnt even program my remote key fob and failed to acknowledge it could have been bad from the factory. Took it across the street and the new fob was bad but still transmitted signal.

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
while it was in there , the security system malfunctioned, so the chevy dealer that I bought it from, plugged it into their diagnostic machine, which in turn completely screwed the computer up.
Hello enidpcs,
A scan tool can't mess up your car's computer system like that. The Tech2 will request (PID's) data from a module and the module will send the information out to scan tool by means of serial data communication. Of course the scan tool will do a lot more, such as reprogram modules, and activate electronic devices like your power door locks, ect.. but it can't induce problems into the electrical system. In short, it just sends and receives data.

What I think happened is total unrelated to the scan tool. My guess probably a ground wire or connector has been disturbed or left loose. Give them a chance to figure out what happened. If they can't then a good suggestion was given by misfit6794 and 99esteeest, take it to a caddy dealership, and have a caddy tech expert tackle the problem.
Welcome to the Caddy Forms
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts