Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
,,,,,,,just not on any of your painted surfaces. And who hasn't dropped one of these suckers? I swear they're slipperier than greased whaleshit, when wet. But you can still make use of it on your windows, after you've removed the larger chunks of laneway from it. I found that they are still "aces" for cleaning the exterior of your windows, but I would never use them on the tinted side of any glass.

Considering the cost of them, any other use for them is always appreciated. I've even used an otherwise ruined claybar in the woodworking shop. Between coats of finish - and if you don't want to use any sandpaper (for whatever reason), a claybar will give a mirror finish to any wood surface.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Man you're not kidding.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Just make sure you check it real good if you drop if. I usually take a clay bar and cut it in half, press it out to the same overall size, of course it will be thinner. If claying over stones or debris put down a towel or cardboard, if you drop the clay then it will not pickup debris

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good tip, hcvone! I'll use it the next time I do my usual impersonation of a butterfingered detailer with those damn slippery claybars!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts