Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard that there is a website you can buy the borla exhaust for $899? just wondering cuz i paid over a $1000 for it.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
CadiKing2006 said:
i heard that there is a website you can buy the borla exhaust for $899? just wondering cuz i paid over a $1000 for it.
yeah, www.lildevilmotorsports.com I think. Yup. $899.99 and free shipping.

·
Registered
126 Posts
RobertCTS said:
What I like is the GM service dept. are use to seeing them as they also sell them.
I'm not sure if this is rumor or not...but my caddy dealer said that Corsa and Caddy have some beef, and that GM is already looking into selling borla instead...not sure how true or false this is...but that's what he said. I at this time have neither...:(

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Ulises said:
I'm not sure if this is rumor or not...but my caddy dealer said that Corsa and Caddy have some beef, and that GM is already looking into selling borla instead...not sure how true or false this is...but that's what he said. I at this time have neither...:(
I don't plan on buying a Corsa from the Caddy Dealer. I was pointing out the Corsa shouldn't send up any red flags on car maintenance.

I'll get mine Corsa from Cadillac MotorSports for $990 delivered.

"As an authorized Corsa Dealer, we have negotiated a "one-time" $150 factory discount off the current above 2005 MSRP price with free insured UPS shipping to your front door directly from the factory. So here is an opportunity to purchase a GM Certified complete Cat-back exhaust system from CMS. Ltd for the following applications at 2005 pricing:

CTS 3.6 includes the Corsa system, installation template and shipping: $990.62"

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
990 for the 3.6 corsa duals ain't bad. if i didn't have an exhaust i would have jumpe don this deal. my dealer doesn't seem to care about my volant or borla...i'm hoping they won't even see the headers...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Corsa is kinda lame if you have the 3.2 engine though. Its not true duals like the Borla.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Caddy Man said:
Corsa is kinda lame if you have the 3.2 engine though. Its not true duals like the Borla.
I agree. I can't believe they even offer fake duals. If you have the 3.2 I guess it's the Borla.

We haven't talked much about the B&B Billy Boat Exhaust. They have a nice sound clip at their website. They also make an X-Pipe.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i liked the b&b a lot (especially because they had a true dual system for the 3.2, and i thought about getting it BUT i didn't like what i heard about members saying it was the loudest of the bunch. the borla tips (although large) seemed to have grown on me, but i still wuld have preferred 3.5" verse the 4" they come with. a moot point. i would NOT get the corsa for the 3.2, BUT, i would investigate about putting the 3.6 corsa on the 3.2. if that is legitimite (i don't see why not since some have used the v-exhaust), then for about the same price we're dealing with personal preferance.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
V-exhaust is a bad idea on the 3.2L from what I've come to understand, as the 2.5" piping to too wide for the smaller displacement.
Probably is although some members with the 2.8 & 3.2 have installed them.

My V Exhaust will be available when I receive the Hugger & Corsa. I live in Central Ohio.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I understand some of the members have the CTS-V exhaust installed on the 2.8L and/or 3.2L, but if you want more power, it's not the exhaust to go with, as you'll lose power instead. I'm sure the CTS-V exhaust sounds nice, but I'm about power.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
I understand some of the members have the CTS-V exhaust installed on the 2.8L and/or 3.2L, but if you want more power, it's not the exhaust to go with, as you'll lose power instead. I'm sure the CTS-V exhaust sounds nice, but I'm about power.
Then you need the Borla system like Ody has on his 3.2:yup:

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
I wanted the Borla, but I've actually talked with SDMarine about the setup he went with, and I think I'm going to go that route.
You know the Marine has a 3.6 engine? Doesn't he also have the Corsa exhaust? How are you gonna do that?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I know he has the 3.6L, all I'm going to do is change the piping to 2.25" to fit mine better.

He used some Corsa components, but what he did was run the pipes from the headers into a Magnaflow X-pipe, which runs into a Magnaflow dual-in/dual-out muffler, and then his Corsa exhaust.

I'm going to use 2.25" tubing, and instead of running the Corsa exhaust after the Magnaflow muffler, I'm going to get two more Magnaflow end mufflers and just have the tubing custom made.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I know he has the 3.6L, all I'm going to do is change the piping to 2.25" to fit mine better.

He used some Corsa components, but what he did was run the pipes from the headers into a Magnaflow X-pipe, which runs into a Magnaflow dual-in/dual-out muffler, and then his Corsa exhaust.

I'm going to use 2.25" tubing, and instead of running the Corsa exhaust after the Magnaflow muffler, I'm going to get two more Magnaflow end mufflers and just have the tubing custom made.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Cadiman1983 said:
V-exhaust is a bad idea on the 3.2L from what I've come to understand, as the 2.5" piping to too wide for the smaller displacement.
Actually the V exhaust is also a bad idea for the 3.6L Ask Pjohnson he is trashing the V exhaust and going my route because he really noticed the loss of power and torque. Soon enough me and him will have the same setup.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts