Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CTS with Sport package and it is way beyond time to replace the tires. The factory tires wear incredibly fast and I have driven this set of tires much longer than I should have for safety.

Who has Yokohama tires and which model Yokos do you have? How satisfied with them are you? There have been a few positive posts about the Avid VS4. How do the Avid VS4's compare with the Advan S4? Other than paying another $83/tire.

At the same time, I am also considering upgrading to either the 9-spoke or 12-spoke 18" factory rims from 2006-2007, so that could change which tires I am looking at, though feedback on the Yokohamas seems pretty positive here in the forums.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

Come on, some of you have to have experience with Yoko tires! Feedback, please?

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
My STS is wearing high performance Yokohama Avid V4's (V-rated). The ride is excellent, they seem very responsive, and grip surprisingly well even when wet (which can't be said for many performance tires).

My first time running Yokohama (normally use Goodyear or Michelin) and I'm very satisfied. If they wear well, I'll probably start using them on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
I have the Avid V4s and am VERY happy with them. They grip and handle quite well and are V rated. They suck in the snow but oh well! LOL!

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
I've bought Avid H4S for my IS300 and Geolanders for my SUV. I am looking at the YK520's for my CTS 245 45 18 when the Bidgestone 225 50 18's are done for.

The Avid H4S tires have been excellent - very quiet, good in rain and very long wearing. I just bought another set for the Lexus 215 45 17 and they were $541 out the door 7% tax included in Tallahassee.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS Lux Sport
33 Posts
I have the Avid V4's on my '04 CTS Sport Luxury Model. Handling is awesome in corners, ride is smooth on the highway, and traction feels secure in the rain. Would highly recommend them for CTS drivers.

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I won't buy tires with Japanese sounding name. Same way with my cars. Spock would say that's not very logical Lord Vader!
...but you buy a car with a French sounding name? o_O

:halo:

:p

I'll admit that I'm normally the same way. From what I've read, the Yoko's are rated on par with comparable Goodyear and Michelins, but I could get a set for roughly half of what those brands cost. So while I am as patriotic and loyal to US companies as the next person, I am torn between good ol' american loyalty and good ol' american love of capitalism.

Capitalism won this one. :patriot:

·
Registered
2019 XT5
337 Posts
I have 30K miles on Yokohama V4 tires on my 2003 CTS. Overall, they seem to be a much better tire than the Goodyear RS-A that came on the car... more compliant ride, quieter, maybe not quite as much cornering feedback as the RS-A. I like them enough that I put H4s on my other car.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I won't buy tires with Japanese sounding name. Same way with my cars. Spock would say that's not very logical Lord Vader!

LOL!!!

I do stick mainly to my American products but after the RSA debacle, Goodyear can EAT MY ASS!!! LOL!! :thepan::highfive::alchi:

B

·
0 Posts
I have a 2005 CTS with Sport package and it is way beyond time to replace the tires. The factory tires wear incredibly fast and I have driven this set of tires much longer than I should have for safety.

Who has Yokohama tires and which model Yokos do you have? How satisfied with them are you? There have been a few positive posts about the Avid VS4. How do the Avid VS4's compare with the Advan S4? Other than paying another $83/tire.

At the same time, I am also considering upgrading to either the 9-spoke or 12-spoke 18" factory rims from 2006-2007, so that could change which tires I am looking at, though feedback on the Yokohamas seems pretty positive here in the forums.

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
I have a 2004 CTS with Sports Luxury Package. I put on a set of Yokohama AS430s. They are quiet tires with good grip and fairly smooth ride. I like them better than the Goodyear RSAs which still have a lot of tread life left. I purchased the car a couple of months ago and don't like Goodyear tires so I replaced them with the Yokohamas ($625.00).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts