Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
meh... Looks good but for me, best left off the V.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
i like it as well but the extractor hood rlj5 has is my favorite

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Likes it.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
Yeah it doesn't look bad, but how functional could it be?

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well personally Id extend it further down the hood, the image started looking really bad when i tried to stretch it that far... but this is the idea at least. I want to make everything it covers hollow, and since the V hood is at an angle it should work very well to cool the engine.

Of course the scoop will cause some minor level of lift, something for the 190+ mph crowd to think about..

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Yeah I plan on getting a 170+mph video up soon after my car is complete so I dont think that would be a good idea for me.

·
Registered
2011 Black Diamond CTS-V
739 Posts
Yeah I plan on getting a 170+mph video up soon after my car is complete so I dont think that would be a good idea for me.
niiice! :highfive: can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I've got two 163mph runs on my phone right now but they were recorded with my phone so they look like crap if I host them on you tube.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
I like the look. Like I have been trying to do, any aftermarket hood needs to be pretty aggressive to be worth the money. I thing this look is just right.

·
Registered
05 Raven V
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

This is how the hood looks on the vette, my idea would be to get either a repo fiberglass piece or the real deal and start cutting and glassing like a maniac. Anyone know what Lingenfelter makes their hoods out of? This thing costs like 1300 bucks...

Edit: modded the pic a bit more. Looks cleaner now that I got the scoop in high res. Can we get someone to make these please??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts