Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search and read what I can find but I'm stumped! I have a 2002 Deville with 30K miles (very well maintained and in excellent shape)

For the last few weeks the service engine soon light has been illuminating. I pulled the code -- PO410 secondary air pump.

I had changed the waterpump a couple of months ago (also did spark plugs) so I figured I knocked a vacuum line loose.

I pulled the cover off the top of the motor and found that the lower line that plugs in where the electrical connector is on the rear (left) valve cover was disconnected. I plugged it back in, checked the Maxi fuse for good measure and cleared the code.

The light came back on shortly after. I checked everything over once more and figured I needed a new airpump.

I ordered the updated AC Delco kit from Rock Auto. Installed the pump and the new breather hose that goes into the fender. Cleared the code.

Light came back on shortly after.

Did the once over everything again and all looked good. I ended up replacing the relay. Cleared the code.

Light stayed off four a couple of days and now it is on again.

I'm at a loss. I doubt the check valves are bad and I thought based on the manual that I would get a different code.

I'm frustrated and would appreciate any pointers. I'd love to get this resolved. The car is in great shape and I want to keep it that way. Thanks.

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
Just to give you an idea of the extent of possible reasons for P0410, my 2004 Deville Service Manual contains 9 pages of troubleshooting steps for that code.

What little I know about the secondary air injection (AIR) system is limited to the fact that the AIR pump is intended to run until the PCM toggles the engine to closed-loop operation.

The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor data is part of the calculation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts