Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I am running the Ground Control Coilover Conversion for my 2007 CTSV and I am curious about several things.

How can I lower the rear more? Such as like Mighty Mouses car, etc.. Bigger Spacers for the rear shocks? I am currently running the ones I got with the kit. The front sits very low which looks good, but causes me some rubbing. Would purchasing different rear shock spacers allow me to lower the car more in the rear?

Also, for guys that have their cars lowered such as Mighty Mouses car, which is lower than mine. What do you guys do about rubbing issues?? It seems if I hit large bumps/ G-out spots that my car rubs a good amount. How are you guys able to go that low and still not rip your front fenders OFF!!

Sorry if this is not too clear, I just want to lower the car some more in the rear to level it out. And see if there is any tips or tricks I can do to keep the car from rubbing as much.

Thanks!

ps. I have been gone from the forums for awhile now! but i'm baccckkk!!

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,567 Posts
What wheel & tire size are you running up front? How much negative camber do you have up front? What spring rates are you running up front? Where exactly are you rubbing?

Your front ride height doesn't look all that low to me. Actually, I would say the car's stance looks about perfect.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
You can't go lower on GCs? When my shop installed mine, it was lower than that and I raised it back up. And even then, the tops of the tires were just below the fenders...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts