Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

I just picked up a 2005 CTS-V that had a custom stereo removed. I reviewed the faq's... looked at the car.. (note that a lot of the archived faq's no longer contain pics, ouch) not the same thanks to the previous owner ;-)

First, there is no longer a stock sub so I'm having trouble identifying the wires to use to run to the new Alpine M650 mono amp speaker level inputs for new subs. I looked at the harness running from the amp at the left of the trunk and a wiring diagram I found on the site. (Green/black and blue/white?)

Secondly, since it appears that all the speaker wires originate from the same trunk amp.. I plan to tap into them in the trunk as well. Question, many have stated that there is no need for a cleansweep etc... Is that for a sub addition only or is the stock signal clean enough for mids/highs as well?
(Alpine F-450 amp- Infinity Reference 6010cs front component)

Finally, special thanks for all of the good stuff on the site...
How to pick up remote on, running power from the battery, hack for dvd, rear end items, etc !!

Greg
Alabama

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heavy,

Still checking my email for your answer... wondering if a JL cleansweep is a requirement...Help !!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heavymetals... need your help.

Can't PM till I have 20 posts.

Can you email me the pics and diagram, gear piling up ready to install.

gmiles @ cisco.com

Many thanks !!

Yet another Bose Removal question....
I added amps for the sub and everything else except the center ch.

pm me your email address and I can send you some pics and a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heavy..? Bueler... Bueler... anyone...

Guess I could just keep posting on this until I get 20 then PM.:banghead:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
CTS/Viper,

If you want a flat non crossed over signal you will have to go with the CleanSweep, Alpine PXE-H650, R/F 360 of the new JBL MS-8. You still won't get that great of a signal. Been there done that with the 360.2. Do a "search" of my threads. You can tap to the existing output wires of the BOSE amp but you will have to deal with it's built in EQ feature and crossover. I did it this way for a long time and was okay with it.

If you want to do it correctly................the only way is to remove the factory NAV and replace with a new piece. I elected to go the Alpine W205 route with HD Radio, Sirius, Ipod adapter and couldn't be happier. The new Blackbird 2 that docks in the W205 or NAV is also far superior to the factory NAV piece. There are only a limited few here who have replaced everything like I did so your not going to get a lot of answers.

I was going to post a pic of where I tapped at the factory amp but for some reason I can't make the attachment work anymore.

Hope that helps.

Shane

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
101 Posts
I went a similar route as ssmith.

I tried Cleansweep route first, SQ still very poor. Ripped out factory nav/head unit = love it.

Nav is far better...sound is truly clean...and my unit (Eclipse) has a hard drive for quick nav and auto-ripping of CD's.

Only drawback is price. I posted lot's of details and pics a year ago or so.

Good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bob was actually my inspiration for pulling my factory NAV unit. Like he said, going to the aftermarket deck makes a 100% improvement.

Shane

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did that on my 05 Viper.. Trying to keep this system a little lower budget. Wife is already irritated at the car lot forming in the garage.
I bought two new alpine amps and am now pondering bridging the 4 channel to power just the fronts and leave the backs and center on stock power.
Hope the new infinity's can handle it.. we shall see.
I don't know how it's going to sound in the car but if you grease the trunk ;-) you can get this box in there. (Polk db212-2 Dual 12") Discontinued but if you can find it they are going for 199.00 and can handle the Alpine M-MRP650 in 2 ohm mono at 650w RMS (non reg power supply) Polk has great tech support as well..

Hope the signal is fairly clean.. or I'll be joining you on the full replacement. Just hate to spend 2500 on a deck when so many mods are available !!:bouncy:

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
101 Posts
From my experience, you'll get better sound with the mods.

But the signal from the Bose just ain't clean....

If you want, you can try the Cleansweep that I have laying around. That'll help a little (and give you a bit of adjustability).

If you decide you like it, make me an offer....

Bob

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Alpine IVA-W205 sells for $749.95. I've got about $1,200.00 in mine with all add ons and it does more than the factory NAV.

Shane

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Not that I'm against Alpine, but why did you chose it over the Pioneer
It's like everything else that we want to do you must buy a different adapter.
Where did you install all of the adapters:
Bluetooth
XM
HD radio
Ipod

What all is needed to make a clean install?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
GM,

All my stuff is on the rear deck lid under the cover. I still have room for more stuff if needed but have everything but Bluetooth. I've just never been a big Pioneer fan. I also liked how the Blackbird (NAV) will dock into my deck but also go portable when I drive my truck.

Shane

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finished the Install, went with the Alpine f-550 on Infinity components up front, loud as hell but like you said... sound quality is lacking. VERY harsh sounding. hmmm...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts