Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 STS, 2004 STS, 2006 STS AWD
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
turn car to acc or on position radio works perfectly always. start car and radio might work. when not working the volume is stuck in one place and head unit wont respond to any input (although the display will show the change of volume or eq setting nothing actually happens) but if i turn off unit after making change ,those changes are applied. for example vol level at 20% turn knob to 40% not difference, turn off and on via power button and now volume at 40%. this is and intermittent problem but is becoming more frequent as of late. called dealer they are clueless, told me to bring in for diagnostic code check lol

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,270 Posts
turn car to acc or on position radio works perfectly always. start car and radio might work. when not working the volume is stuck in one place and head unit wont respond to any input (although the display will show the change of volume or eq setting nothing actually happens) but if i turn off unit after making change ,those changes are applied. for example vol level at 20% turn knob to 40% not difference, turn off and on via power button and now volume at 40%. this is and intermittent problem but is becoming more frequent as of late. called dealer they are clueless, told me to bring in for diagnostic code check lol
==========================
I assume you have already checked for codes -
and there aren't any -

next time the radio doesn't respond -
wiggle the ignition key -
if the radio comes back to life -
I would suspect the ignition switch -

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it lol, also only codes that show are all history. Except one for my front left ride sensor

·
19,270 Posts
Tried it lol, also only codes that show are all history. Except one for my front left ride sensor
===================
are any of the history codes related to radio?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea, if they're history aren't they no longer relevant? And if so, under what 3 letter group would I be looking?

·
19,270 Posts
No idea, if they're history aren't they no longer relevant? And if so, under what 3 letter group would I be looking?
==========================
if they're history aren't they no longer relevant?
ALL codes are "relevant" -
they help us diagnose - and solve problems -
a history code was a current code that isn't "happening" at this moment -

under what 3 letter group would I be looking?
just list ALL the codes you have - ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -
label them as Current or History -
radio related codes would be "B" codes - possibly "U" codes -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts