Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up early, around 7:30, without an alarm and fully rested. I had gone to bed way earlier than normal the day before and got about 9 hours of sleep (I beersling, remember, so three thirty in the morning is a normal -get home from work- time). I sat around the house for a while, ate breakfast, watched some morning news and decided I wanted to go to the lake. The weather outside was super overcast/smokey from all the fires that are around out here, but I figured I'd make the best of it. Called up a couple of good friends, loaded the ice chest with R/C cola, waterbottles and apple cider, cleaned out the backseat and back of the 'yota and inventoried my gear.

Took a Ruger MKII pistol and a 10/22 rifle for plinking, two fishing poles and a tacklebox for shore fun, swimming shorts for if it got hot, a sleeping bag and a travel tool kit in case we broke down and a change of clothes in case I got wet/dirty/etc. Four of us jumped in the toyota and headed north. Traffic was almost non-existent, for some reason, so we made really good time. We stopped for food about an hour down the road, I bought a new sling for the 10/22, and we finished driving go the lake. About twenty minutes before we got there, the sky cleared up and it was a beautioful day out. Light breeze, blue sky, a few clouds and no smoke.
Played with the 4wd for a while, drove around in the lake bed for a while, since its the end of summer and the water is very low, found some good fishing holes for when the water is up, then went and did some more wheelin'.
We drove around to the other side of the lake and did some more 4x'ing, did some fishing (not a single bite, but hey, I wasn't at work!), found a wet five dollar bill on the shore, swam for a bit and headed to another part of the lake. Burris creek, one of two that feeds it. The bridge was out so we drove off the edge of the road and into the creekbed, following the well-formed paths of those around us. We drove around out there for a while, then went hiking for a bit, found some more great fishing holes for next time and came across FRESH cougar tracks, like, from that morning. Shot a few things, mostly soft mud in the lake bottom to make it geyser up, just because its fun, and headed to my brothers house to visit.

We get there, he's not home. I grab sidewalk chalk from his kids bucket and leave a note on the doorstep saying I was there, with date and time. Two minutes later he calls and says come back, so we grab some Arby's and turn around. BS with him for a while, he gives me a bunch of reloading gear and ammo that he doesn't need (.44 magnum) and then we head on down the road for home. Stopping for fuel, I see a guy I know from about two hours north in the fuel stop. He's needing directions to a house for work he's doing. Repo guy. I just happened to have grown up about a mile from there, so I told him where he needed to go.
About halfway home we hit the wall of smoke and clouds. Sun is going down, smoke makes the sunset one of the better ones I've ever seen. It was hot all day. Not blazingly so, but warm enough I didn't want to jog. When we hit the wall of smoke it just happened to be where the rice fields were, so the temperature dropped about twenty degrees, instantly. Super nice temperature, a little muggy but nice. Late enough there weren't any bugs out, great sunset and perfect temperature. Led Zeppelin on the radio. About five minutes down the road I notice the smell of fresh cut hay. I like that. Drive on, get home, fire up the bbq, cook venison backstraps, drink a stinger and a cup of good fine roasted hand ground coffee and go to bed. Wake up a half hour ago happy and refreshed. One of my best days off in quite some time. :)

That is all.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHAHAHAHGAaaaaaaaaaa! Crap...that's funny...

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huh. Guess I shouldn't have posted this thread...negative energy and all..

:D

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Spydie--I enjoyed reading about your day. Just ignore S.D.; we all do. :lol:

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Glad to read you had some good time ! :D

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
O'Reilly is dead and his brother don't know it,
His brother is dead and O'Reilly don't know it.
The're both of them dead and lying in bed,
Neither one knows that the other one's dead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts