Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should the trunk motor striker reverse direction when the toggle switch on the paddle switch is flipped?? 96 views on this topic and 2 replies that don't solve my problem...A yes or no on my question will go a long way in explaining the problem.. Wow,I guess I can't get any love anymore on this site...From now on I'm just a lurker.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,860 Posts
It's a combination of pressing both the paddle switch AND the flipper switch on the trunklid, depending on which direction you want the striker to move.

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you open the trunk with the remote,isn't the striker supposed to go up and then down after tripping toggle? Pressing paddle stops the motor? When I push switch on lid,stricker goes down below where it can catch lid. I want the striker to go up..All new parts..Can I have a bad paddle switch?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,430 Posts
When the trunk is opened, the pull down latch should extend and stop fully extended. When you close the truck, the latch should pull down once the deck lid attaches to it.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,860 Posts
The action of the pulldown motor is affected by the positions of the two switches. I've forgotten the combination of testing the pulldown manually, but there was one way that if you held BOTH switches, the latch would cycle up and down, continuously until you released the switches. I'd go out and check the sequencing of the switch throws, but It's snowing like a bitch, so, maybe later.

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoop or striker only goes down when I push lid latch switch.It goes down below where it can attach to lid.Does not come up.. Good luck with the snow storm or move down south where I am and see snow once every 10 years and then it's just a dusting...

·
Registered
1985 Eldorado ASC convertible, HT4100
1,109 Posts
There is a little metal contact on the paddle switch that needs to be in contact with the shackle. I believe that's how the lid grounds through the shackle. The contact presses from the paddle switch to the left against the shackle. That said, I made sure mine was in contact, doubled up the grounding with a jumper, and yet mine still doesn't work.

Did you figure out how to extend the shackle manually by just applying power to the motor contacts (with the paddle switch removed)? That will extend the shackle so you can unplug it and just use the trunk like a normal one. You need to extend it just enough so that there isn't a gap.

·
Registered
1985 Eldorado ASC convertible, HT4100
1,109 Posts
There's a horizontal metal piece on the shackle that manually flips that side "light switch" switch on the left side of the paddle switch as the shackle goes up and down. So as I understand it, with the trunk open and the shackle finished extending, that light switch should ultimately be up. After pull down, light switch should ultimately be down. If your shackle is currently pulled down, the light switch should also be down. That side light switch controls the up or down of the motor.

·
Registered
02 ESC
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts