Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS V Wagon
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still going, at 2400 miles my car has been in for warranty now 5 trips. And it obviously has more on the horizon, and my dealership doesn't have loaners.

Replaced "temperature control tower", one seat cooling fan, entire exhaust system (catback I assume). Did Differential flush and upgraded fluid, (still makes noise, I'm going to drive it till it seizes)

Sunroof shuts off when it to wants but never at the dealership.
Pull the fuse, put it at in all good. Nothing like pulling to the side of the road in a 70+K$$ car in a flash Florida rain to open the hood to pull the fuse and plug it back in so I can close my friggin sunroof.

Exhaust system number two makes more noise than number one. I knew it as soon as I pulled it out of the dealership, went right back, service writer says "maybe we should give it a few miles to heat cycle?" Now 500 miles later it is an embarrassment to drive in a parking lot or anywhere where off idle gentle acceleration is required

NAV system intermittently turns off audio, it will mute stereo but no NAV sounds come out. Stop, shut off the car for no less than 15 minutes and sometimes I will come back.

Yesterday driving back home on a 45 min trip iPod disconnects on it's own. Same story, only fix was to shut off the car, get out, let it set plus disconnect reconnect everything.

Oh, and has anyone used their tire compressor?
I did Friday the 13th. Doesn't screw onto valve stem far enough to depress the Schrader valve. After running it for a few minutes at midnight and realizing it was doing nothing more than making noise. Too dark to read instructions so leaning over the compressor I realize it has more than one setting. Guess what? The second setting releases the tire sealant contained inside. But without depressing the schrader valve the sealant has no place to go.

That is until you give up and unscrew the fitting from the valve stem. Then that crap goes everywhere. So I spend he next 30 minutes washng the sticky goo off of the side of my car and as much as I could from the wheel and brakes with bottled water I fortunately had on board.

Luckily for me a kind soul came by and had a great cheapo tire compressor. I was able to put air in my low tire and drive to a car wash by 1:15 AM to blast off what tire sealant hadn't already cured on the tire and wheel. Looks like some of it is there to stay. AND, the backup light on the right rear filled with water while I was at the car wash. Of course it dried out and can't seem to get it to happen again. YAY!

Great driving car, so afraid I have one that should be yellow and have a Sunkist label on it.....

Please God someone tell me that they had numerous bugs in their nice rare Vagon and as soon as they were worked out the car has been stellar ever since...

·
Registered
'09V [email protected] stock, '15i Escalade ESV, '18 Silverado LT
654 Posts
I threw out the oem compressor just for that reason and bought one from walmart. Works great in a pinch.

Your problems seem unique to the vehicle. You have a unique Vagon so hopefully things get sorted out. Good luck and hope your dealer takes care of you.

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
308 Posts
Wow you have some patience. I would have been done. Have you video-ed the sunroof issue? Taken video of any of this for proof?
I'm not familiar with Florida's used lemon laws, but this sounds like it's on track to me.
Good luck, hope this all gets resolved to your satisfaction, definitely a rare V

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Yup as posted on ***************. Get a lawyer, contact GM and get a replacement in 30 days. Or just keep posting about it and nothing will happen. Your choice.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V wagon
500 Posts
Sorry, only had the clicky wheels on mine, and that was fixed with the two piece rotors in a couple hours at the dealership. Otherwise zero issues. My prior 08 CTS was also very reliable, which was one of the reasons I was comfortable getting the Vagon variant after owning a regular sedan for 3 1/2 years. Sorry to hear the troubles, but agree with others, I think you have a lemon.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Damn son! Lemon law that puppy. You must have gotten the last 2014 wagon off the line or something. I haven't had all those issues.

PS: The beancounter at GM who approved the compressors that came on these Vs should be stuck at the side of the road during a major snowstorm, 2 inches an hour, and have to fix a flat while screwing the device to the valve stem, praying that air doesn't leak out during the act. That happened to me with my 2009 sedan. I now have a cheepie AutoZone compressor with a proper clip.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Yep. What everyone has said.
Damned shame to have so many troubles with what should be one of the best (and most enjoyable) cars to own.

·
Registered
'14 CTS V Wagon
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car was purchased new and not used just to clarify.
I reached out to one of the GM reps here on site post filing lemon law. Hoping for a response ASAP
By biggest concern is whether or not there is still another Bagon left to be had. It is exactly what I want.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Car was purchased new and not used just to clarify.
I reached out to one of the GM reps here on site post filing lemon law. Hoping for a response ASAP
By biggest concern is whether or not there is still another Bagon left to be had. It is exactly what I want.
Great, first step started. I have no patience for a $50k asset that continually disappoints me. Get this one behind you and get back to enjoying driving again.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
They gave you a Florida Lemon Law book with all of your Owner's Manuals. Read it and go forward in order to get this behind you. Most unfortunate and I also feel for you as well.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I see two new 2014 CTS-V wagons left on Autotrader and three on cars.com. I'm sure there's more than that out there.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
I have close to 3000 miles on mine with only some dashboard squeak. I will probably live with it because I don't want them to tear it all apart and F it up.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Don't you just push the repair stem on and lock it?
No. You screw it on. It's truly a dumb design in that air leaks out as you are screwing the end on or off.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I can run a nationwide search of V Wagons out there when that time comes, but ask GM for a collateral swap. Let them locate the car for you and replace yours with one close to your specs. If I were you, I would NOT get the sunroof the second time around.

UPDATE: I just ran a nationwide search and there are ONLY 4 NEW UNSOLD 2014 V Wagons according to GM's internal vehicle locate system.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I've been lucky with my last group of cars but lemons do happen. When they do, just follow the protocols properly, document everything (phone calls, service visits, lost time, out of pocket expense, etc). Chances are your second V will be flawless and you'll be back to enjoying driving again.

·
Registered
'14 CTS V Wagon
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Florida Lemon Law in a nutshell.
Looks like the next trip in on the exhaust will do it.

If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may be used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. Upon receipt of the notification, the manufacturer has 10 days to direct the consumer to a reasonably accessible repair facility, and then up to 10 days from delivery of the vehicle to fix it.
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.

·
0 Posts
Stop researching what you as the owner should do relating to Lemon Laws. There are several good attorneys specializing in Lemon Law in FL.
Pick one and turn it over to them. They will initiate the process and relieve you of that aggravation. The attorney's fees are rolled into the buyback process. I've been involved in dozens of mfg buybacks. Non-disclosure prevents me from providing more details. Get a LL attorney.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts