Registered
'11 CADILLAC CTS
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I don't need any more horsepower, but I am going to buy 3 or 4 of those gas saving devices and install all of them. The way I figure it, my gas tank will be filling up by itself every couple of hours. Then I can sell that gas (because I will be getting about 120 mpg, and I drove only a few miles per week). I will become rich and famous. Then I will no longer talk to you guys. No comments from peanut gallery.

·
Registered
'11 CADILLAC CTS
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dude i have no idea about these enhanced aftermarket chips for your car.
so no, im serious :) lol
:alchi: It's just extreme sarcasm for the things that they try to sell you on Ebay and stating what it can do for your Cadillac CTS.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
shut up all
i actually bought that damn thing (or a very similar version) from thomas racing crew like last year or something, or maybe early 07.
i never installed the damn thing ... too many ppl said that it'll just cause the check engine light on and the computer would notice the chips attendence and negate all its affects.

__

i called the guy up, thomas racing crew, and he told me "if installed correctly, it wont cause the light to go on and it'll work great--i got it on my car" ... to be safe, i asked him to refer a place (near me) that he KNOWS will do the job right. He called a place nearby and told them to expect me. I waited like a month before i went to the shop.. the mechanic said to me "please dont put this shit in ur car."

ppl say its junk -- but i havent heard of anyone install one on a CTS

guess we'll never know
unless..
someone tries it out :)

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
It's a $ .20 Radio Shack resistor that tells the car that the air coming in is colder than it really is, which causes the timing to advance. You might momentarily see a tiny increase in power, but your knock sensors and 02 sensors will almost immediately adjust the fuel tables and timing.

The person who tries this out on a CTS would need to be beaten with rubber hose.

Repeatedly.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
I don't need any more horsepower, but I am going to buy 3 or 4 of those gas saving devices and install all of them. The way I figure it, my gas tank will be filling up by itself every couple of hours. Then I can sell that gas (because I will be getting about 120 mpg, and I drove only a few miles per week). I will become rich and famous. Then I will no longer talk to you guys. No comments from peanut gallery.
:wave: Hellllooo from the Gallery!!

OMG, ROFLMAO!!! You're too much, bird. :thumbsup:

And I think I'll buy 10 of those HP increase thingys. Then I'll have a V++. Need embz. :alchi:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
dooooooooont do it!
i was young!
and stupid!
ahhhhhh!
noooo!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts