Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Luke at Lindsay, I got a CTS armrest in neutral sent to me from the GM warehouse in 2 days. Installed it tonight in about 10 minutes and WOW, I didn't realize what I was missing. It is so much more comfortable. Great for a long trip.

Just get ALL your parts at Lindsay, ummkay?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Thanks to Luke at Lindsay, I got a CTS armrest in neutral sent to me from the GM warehouse in 2 days. Installed it tonight in about 10 minutes and WOW, I didn't realize what I was missing. It is so much more comfortable. Great for a long trip.

Just get ALL your parts at Lindsay, ummkay?
Mmmkay Mr. Mackey

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
LOL--I've been preaching the CTS armrest for years now!!

It's SO MUCH BETTER than the CTS-V armrest it isn't even funny.

BigJim talks about the additional comfort it brings. I also love it for the additional storage space. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon
1,802 Posts
:postpics:

There has to be some intereference with shifting, right?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
837 Posts
I bought a tan console on ebay ($20), prepped it for SEM paint, painted it with Flat Black SEM ($6) and got a local upholstery shop to white stitch a black cover (material is a very close match for the leather) for the full size armrest ($20). I really like it for my long road trips. It does NOT get in the way of shifting.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,987 Posts
^^ Now, THAT'S the best stitching match I've seen!

Can anybody post a pic of the regular CTS console stitching for comparison?

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Does it interfere with shifting? Track days? Well I guess if it goes on/off in 10min, its not bad.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V
49 Posts
I've been thinking of doing that mod for some time, but I've been leery of the install. Is it really a 10-minute job for an amateur?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
837 Posts
The straight swap out shouldn't take any longer than that. Just get your beer (that's right, this is only a one beer job.:rant2:), tools and parts together and jump on it.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not much more than 10 min, once you get past the fear that the plastic end caps won't break while popping them off.
It is an extremely easy straight out swap. It's more like a shot of Patron job. Just use the FAQ. 1 helpful hint. In the FAQ it says use a 5mm Hex wrench. That will work, but it's better with a T-45 Torx.

So far 150 miles and right now I'm driving in supreme comfort on the Merritt Parkway in CT.

I knew it would be better, but this is supremely a must do mod!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts