Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my "V" for a short while. The first time i hopped on it, i thought their was a "GORILLA" :want: in my trunk trying to get out!! .... Or.... i was about to break the rearend!! The wheel hop was so bad. Reguardless.... I tried it again just the other day..... Same thing!! I said thats it, i'm done with this non-sense!!

I called spectra and had them send the cradle bushing kit out to me (nice people, a pleasure to do business with).

I installed them myself tonight, everything went rather smoothe.... I had to use a 3-foot pipe (wrapped in protective duck tape) to pry against the top side area of the rear cradle mount to the under framed area of the trunk, to get the extra clearance i needed from the pins.

Next.... Time to torque it all down.

Their were so many cradle torque specs flying around, it had me confused.... Some were 90 all around, 144 all around, 185F/140R, and the Factory service manual spec is 195F/141R, After talking to three manufacturers (today & yesterday) and one cadillac dealer.. The best choice was closest to factory, 185-Front and 140-Rear, keeping the front loaded higher like the factory had it. Blue locktite on the bolt threads.... Done deal!

Took it for a 10-minute highway ride and watched for the tires to warm up a few extra pounds. Once i saw the few extra pounds, i knew i was good to go, i pulled over to the side of the road.... waited for no traffic.... Dropped the clutch, and floored it in first.... "NO MORE GORILLA IN THE TRUNK BANGING NOISE" :) ..... just tires a spinning!! (A sound i never heard with this car until now)...... Then GRAB, Hit second..... tires a spinning, Then GRAB! Then GONE!! Zero Wheel Hop for the first time!

Very happy... :) :) :) :) :) "V" owner.... Thank You spectra! Get the bushings, and start enjoying your "V"!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Just an FYI guys on the bushing install....
The cradle is one peice!. Make sure that the emergency brake is off as it will load the cradle. Make sure that all 4 bolts are loose (very loose). Remove one side at a time L or R. The cradle will lower enough to get them in. Lube them as they are a tight fit. Reinstall bolts, leave loose, repeat on the other side. Then... tighten all 4 to specs, make sure you catch the alignment pins of the cradle. Failure to do this willl have you
loading the car chassis trying to bend it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't know if I am lucky but i drive my car very hard. I bang second any chance a get and so far no problems. I still have some hop with the gm bushings but haven't broken the rear.
I have an 05 with 9000 and done with the second set of tires already.

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
>So I take it the Spectra bushings work better than the GM ones?

YUP!! .....Their a bit taller in height, so they provide a tighter fit that locks the cradle down better..... Best part, no squeaks as reported with the factory bushings. Best $$$$ i ever spent.... besides the California Duster!! I am not even going to bother changing out the shocks now, but i will upgrade to the Hotchkis sway bars next. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts