Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

When I bought my 07 sts4 it didn't have navigation installed. GM doesn't sell the discs anymore. I bought one off of ebay. I loaded it into the DVD rom and it takes it and closes with a lock but nothing happens. I put it in the cd/DVD just to see and it said "disk copy protection error". I flipped over the DVD and it looks like it could have been burnt. My car or the DVD?

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
840 Posts
If I remember correctly, 07 and earlier STS with the nav had to have a system update to be able to use the later nav update disks. Never had to do it myself because I have 08s. There are 2 disks and dealer or someone with a TechII had to do it. Many dealers have lost these disks and do not remember. Good luck in finding a dealer who has the disks and remembers what to do. Some members of this forum have the disks and have done the update themselves. Good Luck.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,111 Posts
Pretty sure the GPS firmware update would include this (which he could do himself). However, I am not sure it has been verified to work on 07s.

OP, do you have mag ride? If so are the controls on the main Config screen or buried?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember correctly, 07 and earlier STS with the nav had to have a system update to be able to use the later nav update disks. Never had to do it myself because I have 08s. There are 2 disks and dealer or someone with a TechII had to do it. Many dealers have lost these disks and do not remember. Good luck in finding a dealer who has the disks and remembers what to do. Some members of this forum have the disks and have done the update themselves. Good Luck.
Thanks! I thought so and I had called the dealer before I even tried to install it. When I called the guy at the dealer he acted like I was an idiot and said it should just install when you put in the disc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pretty sure the GPS firmware update would include this (which he could do himself). However, I am not sure it has been verified to work on 07s.

OP, do you have mag ride? If so are the controls on the main Config screen or buried?
I do, it's on the main config screen. How would I go about updating the firmware myself?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,111 Posts
If you have the controls on the main screen then I think you have the dual layer firmware update. Not sure what to do next except try a different disc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have the controls on the main screen then I think you have the dual layer firmware update. Not sure what to do next except try a different disc.
Ah, so no point in getting to calling a dealer to see if they could update then if it's already updated? Is there a screen somewhere that says the firmware version to confirm it's got the update?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts