Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
We have been looking at a new XTS and one of things we noticed is that the A/C does not perform like the Lexus we now own or for that matter any of the other vehicles we have. I think this will be a deal breaker for us, can't be purchasing a car that does not have a reliable A/C system.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
There's nothing at all wrong or weak with the XTS's a/c system. No different than any of the Toyota's I've driven.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,736 Posts
It was 90+ and humid Sunday and it took a few miles to get some cool air flowing. And that is after ablre-start. Yes, the vented seats help but the black interior and black, leather dash board covering doesn't.

The VSport has an extra cooler in the radiator area too . Probably between the condenser and radiator.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,114 Posts
ep35rja said:
We have been looking at a new XTS and one of things we noticed is that the A/C does not perform like the Lexus we now own or for that matter any of the other vehicles we have. I think this will be a deal breaker for us, can't be purchasing a car that does not have a reliable A/C system.
There's a setting in CUE to set maximum fan speed. You may want to check that it's set to Max.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've found that sometimes you need to push the auto button and then adjust the temps and all is good again.

·
Registered
CT6 Platinum White Tri-coat with Super Cruise
662 Posts
I find that setting the AC to blow thru the dash vents and the floor help greatly when you have the seat fan on. Cools you and the car real fast in our hot summers here in the SE.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I find that setting the AC to blow thru the dash vents and the floor help greatly when you have the seat fan on. Cools you and the car real fast in our hot summers here in the SE.
GREAT TIP, I'll try this today:) Thanks very much for sharing!

·
Registered
99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS
202 Posts
The air is suppose to be automatic control of temp in vehicle not pushing buttons thats why I buy automatic temp control .I have four other GM vehicles that temp in vehicle stay at what ever you set it at the XTS is not working the same way as my other vehicles.Yes Ihave fan at high and do all the other things that have been talked about and had to dealer several times bottom line it dosen't work properly.

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
I have to set the temp at 67 degrees and then the ac works pretty good. I agree the xts's climate control is not nearly as good as Ford's or Honda's.

·
Registered
2011 V Wagon, 2012 V Coupe, 2013 XTS AWD
58 Posts
I feel the AC pain too. But if I leave my AC on at 64 degrees it works pretty good. If I even dare to go lower barely coolish air blows out. Crazy. I'm always on recirc. I was never into the windshield sun shade either but if the car is in the sun I try to make sure I use it. Definitely helps.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I feel the AC pain too. But if I leave my AC on at 64 degrees it works pretty good. If I even dare to go lower barely coolish air blows out. Crazy. I'm always on recirc. I was never into the windshield sun shade either but if the car is in the sun I try to make sure I use it. Definitely helps.
I can't stand sunshades but since I have another black on black Caddy, I forced myself to use it on hot sunny days at work. It definitely makes a difference plus having the vents on face/floor has helped get those seats cool for me before I get in:) (Vast improvement over my old routine, which was AC on face only)

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
Black on black. No wonder people say the A/C doesn't work good lol. My color combo with the Silver Coast Metallic/camel is always cool in the summer.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-Vsport
335 Posts
I'm black/black, in Texas My AC cranks and is spot on in temp My favorite comfort temp and setting is 71 degrees on auto

35/20/5 % tint from to rear has a lot to do with that also, with sunroof screen closed.

My CUE max fan is set to medium

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Black Platinum interior too with AC fan blower set on high. I might have to do window tint as it takes some time to cool.

·
Registered
2008 STS
50 Posts
If it's still not cold enough for you on a hot day, switch the AC to recirculate mode; that's the 4th button on the bottom row, right below the fan increase button (just to the left of the right-seat cooling light). In recirculate mode you get about 10% fresh air vs. 100% fresh air in normal mode. This works great except that the cabin air will tend to get pretty dry since the AC will continue to remove moisture from the 90% of the air that has already been dehumidified. The more humid it is outside the more cooling you will notice after switching to recirculate. Note: the AC will stay in recirculate mode until you touch the button again to switch it back to normal, even after the car has been turned off and restarted again.

Another thing worth checking if you're trying to get the cabin as cool as possible is that the driver and passenger temperatures are in sync; it won't get as cool as you want if the passenger temp control is set at 80! I always keep mine in SYNC mode (set on the climate settings touch screen).

Finally, if you have rear climate control (I don't know if every model has this) be sure the temperature is set to coldest there also; that can also be set from the climate control touch screen.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You can control the rear temperatures frombthr front via CUE. But on long trips over a couple of hours the rear reverts back to hot. Fluffy doesn't like this. Or the rear temperature settings climbs to warmer than the front after letting him sniff the out side air for a minute or two.*

But he does like the vented seats.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium FWD 2020 CT5 Prem Lux 3.0tt
613 Posts
The air conditioner on my new 2015 xts seems to be a lot more efficient. Iam back to keeping the temperature at 72 degrees where as the 2013 had to be set at 68. So far no smell yet either.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts