Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS coupe - 2014 XTS4 V Platinum
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else feel their a/c is weak? mine on Max doesn't seem to be cutting it.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I noticed that it wasn't too cold when I set the temp to 72 but after dropping it down to 68, it always blows out cold air:) The average temperature is mid 80s here during the day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then I am having an issue.. It should be better than it is..

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Is it blowing warm air when you turn the temp down? (it should get cooler relatively quickly)

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
I was commenting on this today, feeling that driving in the bright sun with the AC on high, I was still getting hot. Didn't think to turn the air temp down, will try that next time. Mainly, I wanted more cool air in my face and couldn't adjust the blowers to get the breeze I wanted.

Then my wife turned on the AC in the seats ... Ahhh ... now that made a difference in the ol' comfort zone.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
676 Posts
I noticed that it wasn't too cold when I set the temp to 72 but after dropping it down to 68, it always blows out cold air:) The average temperature is mid 80s here during the day.
Agreed. 68* seems to be the magic number for cold air.

12,821 Posts
Anyone else feel their a/c is weak? mine on Max doesn't seem to be cutting it.
Hey Mzmudosk,

Apologies for any frustrations regarding your A/C. If you'd like us to reach out to your dealership regarding this, we'd be happy to do so. Please PM us with your VIN, mileage, preferred Cadillac dealership and contact information, and we can move forward with that. Let us know if you have any further questions as well.

Regards,

Geoff G.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
pologuy, agreed, my post WAS confusing.

The problem for me is that the air is cool enough (already set at 68), but even at that the AC wasn't keeping me cool. My point was to try turning it down even further, to 66 say. Although that doesn't make much sense either.

·
Registered
Looking at XTS Premium/Platinum
147 Posts
So, what you are saying is that the air gets cooler - but the blower is not pushing enough of that cool air out?

I did notice that the AC/heat vents on the XTS are much smaller than the MKS...

So, that made me wonder as well...

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
pologuy, yes, the air is cool, just not enough to keep ME feeling cool.

Honestly, I need to spend more time with the vents and make sure that I am utilizing them correctly. But my impression while jabbing around trying to open things up while driving is that there isn't much venting/blowing power going on.

I need to check this out more carefully when I'm sitting in the driveway and do not have to watch the road ahead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sonny you're a genius. I thought that when I saw that option it was at Max fan speed. It was on Medium. Just put on high.. Let's see if it does the trick next hot sunny day. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport
32 Posts
After reading Sonny's post, I opened the garage door and started up the Cadillac. Changed fan in vehicle settings from medium to high. And then set the dual temperatures both to 68.

I then took the time to actually study how to regulate the air flow (Yeah, it's pretty obvious, I know, but I hadn't done that while being able to just sit with the car running without having to worry about watching the road.) Also set things so that all the cold air was blowing on upper body (nothing to the feet.)

Conclusion, there's NO WAY this car is NOT going to keep me nice and comfortable on a hot summer day. The XTS was pumping out nice cold air unlike anything I've previously owned.

Problem was I actually had some of the vents halfway or completely closed. Once I took the time to actually play with the settings and fine tune things just right, I once again marveled at how nicely this car is put together.

XTS 1. Me 0.

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
184 Posts
Try hitting the recirculate button, back in the old days, "max a/c" would set the hvac to recirc. The cabin temp will pull down quicker and keep cooler easier, it will also lower the humidity as the cabin moisture condensates on the evaporator, making it a more comfortable interior.

12,821 Posts
Same issue with mine, the dealer said is was working to spec....sure is anemic unless you turn it way down
Hello caddy043,

I definitely understand how important the efficiency of your air conditioning would be with summer right around the corner and I apologize if this has been cause for concern. It looks like todw and sonny3621 each suggested some advice that may help you out. If their feedback doesn’t get your AC functioning to your expectations, please send a PM my way and we can further discuss the situation.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
XTS4 Luxury
96 Posts
Mine cools plenty. Just got to turn the set temps to 67 degrees or colder. No more just keeping them set at 70 for perfect comfort year round like i can in my Ford and my Honda. The cadillac's have to be constantly adjusted.

·
Registered
2014 XTS
3 Posts
part of the problem is the rear AC comes on by default. if you turn the rear off, you will get approx 20% more air push to the front.
I've complained to cadillac, but they won't change it. I guess they have never lived in Texas with 110 degree summer temps.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts