Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Curious if anyone has done this? I've checked around and have only seen the attached picture. Does anyone have more pictures or any info on the car's performance after the drop?

Disclaimer: I found an aftermarket mod thread here from 2012 where lowering the car was discussed, but no one did it at the time. There was also quite a bit of um...disagreement about some of the aftermarket mod looks. This is just my personal preference and I know everyone won't like it, but I come in peace :) just looking for pics and info, not a style debate.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Premium
73 Posts
How dare you even ask such a question? The XTS is perfect just the way it is!!!! &@#%[email protected]%&@!!!!

Just kidding. I've never seen a lowered one in real life and, although it looks pretty good, I'd be
concerned about ground clearance, especially on driveways. As it is, I've already scraped up the
chin of my car a number of times.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point for sure. It's probably the main thing I worry about, I drive over a minimum of 8 speed bumps daily too. The other concerns are the effect on the warranty and the driving performance itself...the car rides like a cloud right now. I'm guessing that as good as it looks lowered, the ride would suffer.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately you guys make sense. I was REALLY hoping for a few guys saying this is the best decision they ever made....with beautiful pics...

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
Only aftermarket I've ever been comfortable with is grilles sound systems and tint.. everything else I'm cautious about

·
Registered
73' Fleetwood(Sold)/05' STS(Sold)/15' CTS 2.0L(Sold)/14' CTS4 3.6L(Sold)/06' DTS
15 Posts
Im with you san antonio! im about to by a 14 XTS and i want to lower it as soon as a i get it! a few shops have lowered them and they look killer! from everything ive found out so far is they are adjusting the ride height rods to lower it. i might wait until D3 releases something as they are pretty legit.

·
Registered
Cadillac XTS
6 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the Cadillac world but I picked up an XTS at the beginning of June and have tried to make it mine over the last month. I know a 99% of the people on this forum will not like this but it is a lowered suspension thread. This car was just way too high for me personally, but it’s my car and I love it. I sacrificed a little ride comfort yes, but it does not out outweigh the final outcome. Enjoy

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Njce user name haha. Is there another way for you to post the pic? It's coming up as invalid unless I'm doing something wrong . I'd love to see it, it's amazing how little info there is on lowered XTS's. The car is beautiful but a bit high.

·
Registered
73' Fleetwood(Sold)/05' STS(Sold)/15' CTS 2.0L(Sold)/14' CTS4 3.6L(Sold)/06' DTS
15 Posts
Your caddy looks so sick, it looks so perfect lowered! any specs on how it got lowered? Im assuming the ride height rods were adjusted in the rear, what was done for the front?

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great question, I'd love to know too. I don't know anything about lowering so I've been reading up on it, and it seems like air suspensions ("bagging") is the best because the height can be adjusted with the push of a button...but it doesn't look like that's even possible on an XTS, I just don't see any options out there.

Any suggestions on coilovers vs lowering springs (or air if possible)? Also, tire suggestions? I basically want the ride to be as comfortable as possible, knowing that it will likely be less comfortable than stock, with the look that NYGC achieved above. I just got my rims delivered this week and can't wait lol

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And there's a youtube vid of it....thanks! For the suspension that's EXACTLY what I want. It's good to know they're in TX too...I'm going to run that vid by Tim Duncan's shop here or Soul Speed in Austin, I hear great things about both. If need be I'd probably drive over to Complete Customs but they are 5 hrs away.

I'll post the results...it'll probably have to wait til August because I'm looking at probably a $4000 job including the AccuAir price. I was ready now for springs/coilovers but I need another couple Friday's for air lol.

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,695 Posts
That two-tone car was on eBay for some crazy price. It wasblisted twice and didn't sell.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's a bit much for me, maybe if I was younger but if I was younger I couldn't afford a stock XTS let alone a modified version.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts