Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Cadillac XTS luxury series, and I recently bought a transmission from LKQ with 60K miles which belong to a 2013 Cadillac XTS. Right after I pick up the car my check engine came up, I check it with OBDII, and it was U0101, but the car is running perfect, not stucking in any gear. I test it in highway, no rattling, not shaking, shifting very smooth, I clean the code, but it came up again, here's the question: is there a procedure for reprogramming the TCM and is it necessary? Or you think it's the transmission? Do I need to return it? Or it's a simple problem? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so today I took the car to the dealer and yes, you have to recalibrate new transmission. there's installation guide for 6T70 and 6T75 Transmissions and it clearly says the steps. I attached the link down here for people who check this discussion. Thanks anyway. oh btw reprogramming at dealer gonna cost you around $150 to $200.

Install Guide - 6T70 & 6T75 - GM (Automatic Transmission)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.