Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Cadillac XTS luxury series, and I recently bought a transmission from LKQ with 60K miles which belong to a 2013 Cadillac XTS. Right after I pick up the car my check engine came up, I check it with OBDII, and it was U0101, but the car is running perfect, not stucking in any gear. I test it in highway, no rattling, not shaking, shifting very smooth, I clean the code, but it came up again, here's the question: is there a procedure for reprogramming the TCM and is it necessary? Or you think it's the transmission? Do I need to return it? Or it's a simple problem? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can return it to LKQ if it's broken but it will cost me to open it again and return it and btw, it's holiday. LOL. Tomorrow I'd take the the car to the guy who Install it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so today I took the car to the dealer and yes, you have to recalibrate new transmission. there's installation guide for 6T70 and 6T75 Transmissions and it clearly says the steps. I attached the link down here for people who check this discussion. Thanks anyway. oh btw reprogramming at dealer gonna cost you around $150 to $200.

Install Guide - 6T70 & 6T75 - GM (Automatic Transmission)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts