Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS White Diamond Tri-coat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XTS Premium 2013 -- Driving down a residential street tonight 300 miles onto our new used XTS purchase the rear of the car sank on both sides causing a violent bounce, I searched a few forums/posts and don't see much. I believe it has the magnetic leveling system and when I let the car sit for a bit I re-started it and could hear a motor working hard in the rear of the car but the rear end didn't budge, I'm trying to gather a bit of info as i'm not covered on this type of repair atm so any knowledge would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
Sounds like you might have a bad rear suspension module. Sometimes it can be fixed with just a new reprogram. If that don't work it may need to be replaced. I have a new 14 XTS and I got service warning on my ride after only 3 weeks and 1400 miles. Took it in and they reprogrammed it and so far so good. They said if it happens again they will just replace it. Good luck.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,883 Posts
The "magnetic" part of the suspension is body control. The rear height control is some form of Cadillac ELC - Electronic Level Control - that uses a compressor, control head, height sensor(s), air lines, and shock bladders to compensate for extra weight in the trunk or rear seat.

The pump you hear is the compressor trying to fill the ? blown ? rear shock bladders or cracked air lines.

Your XTS suspension system is different from my STS, but the ELC is pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
2014 Platinum v sport
5 Posts
I replace my pump after this happen too me. took a couple of hours wasn't to hard. but make sure you put the lines in the right spot lesson learn. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts