Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have seen every review that has been made on the XTS and this is one of my favorites. I think it is good looking for a modern car and these cars are very safe in my opinion. One thing I like about this video is that there is no talking, nothing negative being said or sales pitch, just a good view of this Cadillac style. It will be interesting to see what the future brings.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,612 Posts
XTS was the first modern Cadillac to use a choreographed exterior and interior lighting sequence, rather than just having them all come on simultaneously when the ignition is enabled.

More here:

CCC

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
876 Posts
Nice.

This guy does very good reviews without the negativity (a lot of the time biased) of other reviewers.

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CCC, I have never see the video or was even aware of the choreographed exterior and interior lighting sequence to the extent that it is.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The XTS I have found has basically one of two reactions on the street - 1. it turns heads a lot, 2. it makes the occasional person aggressive - the other day I had a 3/4 ton truck that was a little behind me in the lane to my left, and when the light turned green he started shifting like mad in what seemed to be an attempt to get ahead of me. I got the feeling he would have changed lanes into my lane once he was ahead so he could spray sand and road slush on my car (experienced that before). I remedied that by staying and getting further ahead of him (without speeding), and he got hung up in traffic. I've had other pick up truck drivers boot it just to pass me, and once done they were satisfied, lol - I don't bother, let them do what they want as long as they won't be throwing road junk up onto my car.

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XCAL, I get the same thing almost always with pickup trucks and Tahoe type of vehicles that follow way too close. I usually pull over and wave them by in a safe spot, this way they can go find someone new to do it to. Or if I can not pull over I will put up the back window sun shade and ignore them. Some times I wish I had old, not as nice cars like when I was a kid. When I get a quote for work on the house I make sure they don't see the car so the price does not go up.

·
Registered
876 Posts
XCAL, I get the same thing almost always with pickup trucks and Tahoe type of vehicles that follow way too close. I usually pull over and wave them by in a safe spot, this way they can go find someone new to do it to. Or if I can not pull over I will put up the back window sun shade and ignore them. Some times I wish I had old, not as nice cars like when I was a kid. When I get a quote for work on the house I make sure they don't see the car so the price does not go up.
For sure Ken4, never let them see the car when getting a quote for work.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
508 Posts
Here's a cool description
Cadillac_XTS_Surround_Sound_System.jpg
of the premium Bose XTS system.
system.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Twice. When did the option to edit a post disappear? Hey, my 500th post!

·
Registered
2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury
161 Posts
You can still edit your post. Click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of your post for that option. Is the Bose studio surround system standard on all XTS trims?

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lower trim levels came with a 8 speaker Bose sound system but that may vary with different model years or if the car was ordered with it. XTS is looking sharp in the above picture!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Not too may cars with the "personal " speakers by the front seat head rests. One for each ear, and they do make a difference. No sub woofer, but not needed for most of my music. The 10 inch woofer in the rear deck cooks pretty good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts