Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS Premium
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learn something new every day. I have primarily been using Sport Mode for down shifting using the Paddle Shifters. Of course after doing that I almost always forget I am in 1st gear when I start out from a stop and finally remember that I am still in 1st gear when I notice the engine revving. The other day I finally got a chance to drive in snow. Hooray! After shifting into Sport/manual mode I realized that the car was doing its own shifting w/o me having to use the Paddle Shifters. I preferred the shifter I had in the CTS which was controlled on the center console with the gear shifter - no paddles in this CTS. This was much easier to use for shifting vs the Paddle Shifters. But now, just like the CTS, I can put the car into Sport/Manual mode and as long as I dont use the Paddles, the XTS shifts itself like the CTS did. I could have used this mode the other day when I had to pass a couple of cars on a 2 lane road and noticed a little shutter, being in 6th gear and not accelerating to a point where the car would downshift on its own. If I had been in this semi-manual Sport mode, I would expect the XTS would have quickly downshifted when the engine was under acceleration and some stress while passing the 2 cars in 6th gear.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts