Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Cadillac XTS V-Sport pulls/ drifts to the right at all speeds even after a stop. The dealership made four attempts at fixing - wheel alignment, changing tires, and other adjustments, then claimed the car was operating as designed. The car still has a handling problem and pulls (that none of my other caddies had). Anyone else have an XTS with the pull / handling issue? While driving let go of the steering wheel for a couple seconds. Does the car pull to the right in most driving terrain? Were you able to get a resolution / fix? If so, how was it resolved?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
No issues with mine pulling in either direction, something isn't right...did you have the dealer try a Road Force Balancing?

·
Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport
3 Posts
I bought mine new and they put four new tires on it since it sat on the lot for so long and they were out of round. The road force balancing will report any excessive runout or inconsistencies in the tires. Mine pulled to the right constantly since the right side tires were worse than the left. After replacing the tires there is no more pull. The car does seem to be affected by the crown of the road more so than any other car I have owned. Do you experience the pulling off throttle as well as on throttle?

·
Registered
2014 XTS Luxury Ruby Red
182 Posts
Mine tracks straight as an arrow, even very little torque steer when accelerating full throttle, and I love the way it handles on/off ramps in sport mode.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
Does it happen all the time, say on 'crowned' roads; if you can find a crowned road (that is free of all traffic), and you get in the left (oncoming traffic) lane and it still pulls to the right (over the crown), then you probably do have an alignment problem. And if you do, did the dealers perform a four wheel alignment; the rear axle may be the culprit.

12,778 Posts
My 2014 Cadillac XTS V-Sport pulls/ drifts to the right at all speeds even after a stop. The dealership made four attempts at fixing - wheel alignment, changing tires, and other adjustments, then claimed the car was operating as designed. The car still has a handling problem and pulls (that none of my other caddies had). Anyone else have an XTS with the pull / handling issue? While driving let go of the steering wheel for a couple seconds. Does the car pull to the right in most driving terrain? Were you able to get a resolution / fix? If so, how was it resolved?
Hello Barrista,

I can understand how you would be frustrated by the lack of a resolution for this pull with your XTS. It looks like you received quite a bit of feedback from the rest of the forum, and I would be happy to look into this from my end as well. If you are interested, please PM me with your VIN and we can discuss this situation further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts