Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased 2014 XTS about a month ago and I love it. Found a great deal on a base model and went for it. Unfortunately I am missing out on some things of course and was curious as to which upgrades any of you have done. And which features are something you couldnt live without that could possibly be added on etc. Im not to worried about navigation as I just use the On Star Nav if needed. Even after market upgrades would be interesting to hear and the sites you use to buy it.

Thanks for reading
Tim

·
Registered
'03 & '06 CTS's (traded), '14 XTS Lux (traded), '16 CTS4 Premium 2.0T (now)
461 Posts
From what I have read, even the base model is well equipped. My Luxury model is a 2014 also. "The XTS Luxury Collection adds LED lighting accents, visible dual-exhaust outlets in the rear fascia, illuminated door handles, rain-sensing wipers, adjustable thigh support for front passengers, extended wood interior trim, a heated steering wheel, driver and front-passenger memory functions, heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, interior ambient lighting, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, an automated parallel-parking system and rain-sensing wipers." Even though the Luxury has stuff I'd expect to see in a Caddy, the main things I like are the F/R parking sensors and the rearview camera. That said, one thing I would definitely consider are mud guards/flaps. See the thread here called "XTS Mud Flaps". I got mine through Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Mud-Flaps-Splash-Guards-Fit-For-2013-2015-XTS-Nice-Quality-/141229705224?fits=Year:2014|Model:XTS&hash=item20e1f24808&vxp=mtr . Yeah, a little spendy for what they are, but these do have XTS on them and they fit perfect and are easy to put on yourself. Hope you enjoy your new car. P.S...I do not have Nav either and didn't want it. I figured why pay extra, plus ongoing service fees, for something my phone already has.

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
I have a Premium with all options and now that I'm used to them I don't think I could get along very well if I didn't have them. I don't think any can realistically be added afterwards however. Rsteph what "ongoing service fees" are you referring to involving the factory navigation?

·
Registered
2014 XTS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The base tbh has a lot of stuff, but as the lower price shows it does lack some things. I wasn't planning on getting a 2014 XTS cause it was out of my price range. But found one for $26,900, with 28k miles, clean car fax and like new condition etc. Compared to the luxury, the front and back seats are ventilated just not heated. I live in Florida so I can get away without the heated stuff. It's interesting they didn't put the dual exhaust visible on this model, it has no visible exhaust which I personally like the look of (probably bias,lol,but is a cool look) It has rear parking sensors that pops up in the dash media section, But doesn't have the front sensors, I'm assuming shows the same as back but for front. I did find I can add the factory rearview camera and they can link it through the cue system and all, which I think I will do. They have a package for the stock navigation and rear view camera or can do separately. You can see this on youtube and the link to get in touch. What I would like to see is the LED lighting accents and interior ambient lighting. Of course the base has plenty of lighting but this seems like it could be added. I have found it has the spots for most upgrades. Not sure if anyone has a site or maybe a pic of what these are and I can search.

Any sites at all or ideas on possible upgrades. Please let me know. Also if you did any cool aftermarket upgrades for comfort/visual/performance etc plz post them here. Can have this as a place for any kind of upgrades. I did order the mud flaps, thanks for that idea :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, maybe I'm off base on the nav thing Sonny3621...since I've never had or used it in a car (other than on my phone). But don't you pay for navigation service one way or another? Even if through a higher cost Onstar plan? Or not?

----------

I guess I was wrong on the nav thing. According to a web search on the subject, I found: "Actually, factory-installed navigation systems do not have a monthly subscription for the general service, which includes finding where you are and where you’re going, among other features. The same goes for aftermarket, store-bought devices like Garmin or Tom Tom.

Where you will see fees, however, are for extra services such as real-time traffic and weather updates. Both are available on factory and aftermarket GPS systems. If you‘re dishing out for a luxury car, automakers like BMW offer real-time traffic with no additional charge on some vehicles, but that isn‘t common."

I didn't know that...learn something new every day. Ha! Like I said..never had a car with a factory nav system nor have I ever used one. So pardon that my ignorance showed through. :)

Still, though...I wouldn't have paid for a nav system since I'm just used to using my phone for it when I need to. That's just me.

----------

The only other stuff I added to my car was a trunk organizer, all weather floor mats (I'm from rain country) and a trunk mat. Oh, and classier looking license plate frames...lol. (Links below). I think most cars are all made the same at the factory...it's whether or not they actually put a particular option in it. For instance, I added factory fog lights to the wife's Mazda6. Even though I had the dealer install them (since you had to take apart half of the front of the car to do it) but, for all intents and purposes, they were just plug n play. The location and wiring for them was already in place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150928845198?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131269960524?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161394969996?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281587768915?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
674 Posts
There is no monthly subscription to factory navigation like there is with the Turn by Turn OnStar which I would have no interest in whatsoever. And to 14XTS I'm not so sure you can realistically add a complete factory navigation setup to a car which was built without it without that turning into a majorly expensive project. You had best double check with your dealer about that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, I just tried the Onstar turn by turn thing. Not for me. I want to see a map and progression on same...like my phone shows me. That said, I did find the below information on adding factory nav. No idea what all it entails, or even cost (for sure). There is a spot down the page that says something about $399 for factory nav and vid in motion. Still....????

http://gm-navigation.com/gm/2013-2015-cadillac-cue-factory-navigation-system.html

----------

And, 14XTS, there are also different grilles and rear spoilers. You can see some of these on carid.com .

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't believe it is feasible or reasonably possible to add factory navigation to a car built without it. What you are seeing for $399 is just an unlock for a car that already has factory navigation which would enable one to watch videos while the car is in motion. Who would even want that to begin with I have no idea but that's what it is. I think your dealer will tell you that you are out of luck with adding a factory navigation system at this point.

·
Registered
461 Posts
This is all for 14xts anyway...I'm not looking to try to upgrade to nav in my car. But other stuff I found seems to indicate prices north of $1,300. One review I saw said that it was a major pain to install the new system and took his dealer over 9 hours to do it. So, while it appears it can be done (maybe), you'd really really want to have it to pay the potential cost. For me, I'll stick with my phone. It works just fine. Besides, 99% of the time, I already know where I'm going...or have it all mapped out before I leave anyway. And I agree about the video in motion. That'd be worse than talking on your phone while driving. And, in my state, it's a spendy traffic ticket if the screen can even be seen by the driver.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I hear ya but just for the sake of discussion $1,300 would not even scratch the surface on what it would cost to even attempt to add factory nav to a non-factory nav car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
No idea. That was just one price I saw. I don't disagree that it likely would be much more. It'd be interesting to hear from someone that actually had it done and what it cost. Clearly it'd be lots cheaper to just go with something like Tom-Tom, et al. Wouldn't look as snazzy...but....

·
Registered
674 Posts
I think any dealer would tell you to forget the idea to begin with. By the time you buy a car without anything and then try to add major factory options afterwards it just become unreasonable and the buyer would have been much better off buying the car that was built with the options to begin with.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Take this for what it's worth:

Great news as we now add factory navigation to your 2013-2015 Cadillac vehicle equipped with the CUE system! In fact, you have a few options to consider with this upgrade, so here they are outlined for you:

1. You can go with the actual GM factory navigation system. This will activate the navigation icon on your touchscreen and load the factory mapping software when pressed. It will provide you with full voice recognition features as well as communicate the turn by turn instructions with the driver information display in the cluster, while placing the audible guidance on the driver's side speaker. Basically it will look and operate just as if it was ordered from the factory that way (with the exception of one service that is offered by OnStar).

Pricing for the factory navigation system is $1,100 plus shipping….We do have a handful of these we can do for $800.00 plus shipping (while supplies last). This is also a core exchange program and we do require that the parts that get replaced be returned us and we will provide you with a label on the return. Failure to return the core parts would result in an additional core charge, so as long as those parts get returned in a timely manner that charge will not apply to you.

Check out our YouTube video at: http://gm-navigation.com/gm/cadillac-navs/2013-cadillac-xts-factory-cue-navigation-system.html

http://autospatech.com/navi/cadillac-navigations/2013-2014-cadillac-cue-factory-navigation-system.html

2. Another option that is available is our Video In-Motion and NAV Unlock. There is quite a bit of information to cover on this product, so it really would be best to discuss this over the phone, but here is a quick rundown of what it does. If you are upgrading to the factory navigation or have the navigation already existing we can unlock the module to give you NAV Entry In-Motion, Video In-Motion from your DVD/Blue Ray (as long as your vehicle is equipped with the DVD/Blue Ray player), along with USB/SD MP4 & DIVIX In Motion as well as adding texting software that never existed in the system.

This upgrade runs $399.00 by itself or when purchased in conjunction with a factory NAV upgrade we do this for $299.00. If you do not have factory navigation and are interested in just Video In-Motion we can also unlock the existing module in your vehicle to give you USB/SD MP4 & DIVIX In Motion as well as adding texting software that never existed in the system. Just note this would give you video entertainment options for the passengers of your vehicle, not the navigation system.

Check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yntrmy8C86k

All of our kits will ship complete with EVERYTHING you will need for your installation, including all pre-programmed parts for the factory system, harnessing, antenna, a complete set of instructions, and an installation video (if applicable). We also provide up to 15 minutes of tech support for troubleshooting purposes only.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Ok sounds good for anyone who wants to try and do that themself. I had a 2002 DHS that came without nav and I bought a complete factory nav system off eBay and took the entire dash out and wired it in and it worked out ok. I think I'd rather buy one already installed from the factory though now. It was a lot of work.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I agree sonny. This might actually work but from the sounds of things, even if I was interested in it, I, myself, certainly would not get into dismantling my car to install it. And NOT my new car at that. That kind of stuff never works out for me. No doubt this would be an "after market" installation and I'd bet it would void your warranty at least as far as the entire CUE system goes. Not even sure you could talk a Cadillac dealer into installing it for you. Probably not would be my guess. The same outfit does have a $650 system, of some kind, that gives you the video in motion stuff (I don't care) but also smart phone integration that basically projects your phone screen onto the display. You could then use phone navigation pretty much like factory nav. I have no idea what this entails...at least some kind of programming flash I'd imagine. That being the case, I'd still bet it would void your CUE warranty. Too many ifs for me. This stuff ain't like the old days where if you didn't like your OEM stereo, you just went to Car Toys (etc.) and they pulled it out and plugged in the new one.

----------

rshady63, here's one. This just from a quick search for "Caddilac XTS OEM backup camera."
http://www.emeraldintegrations.com/cadillac-xts-oem-rear-view-backup-camera-system.html

You might want to check with your dealer and see if they have them and would install it. And the cost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts