Lane Departure
Lane Keep Assist
Side Blind Zone Alert
Rear Cross Traffice Alert
Forward Collision Alert

Several glaring options on this car missing on my $86,480 Premium:
--MEMORY POSITION RECALLED WHEN START BUTTON PRESSED
--PASSENGER SEAT MEMORY
--SELF PARKING FEATURE (very cool, yet very scary the first time!)
--TEXTING ICON ON MAIN CUE SCREEN
--AMBIENT LIGHTING ACROSS DASH

Discuss.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I have a texting icon on my 2015i. I fully agree with you regarding the ambient lighting, very weak. The memory seats returning to position upon opening the door is ridiculous, it should happen once the car is started. I think that can be fixed with a software update sometime in the future.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
What the OP was unhappy about (and myself included) is that the seats only return to position upon opening of the door, not when the start button is actually pushed. One should be able to get into the car first BEFORE the seats return to position. Currently the Escalade does not offer this setting, only to return seats when the door is opened.

Did not have time but I saw the option in the cue settings. For easy ingress and egress.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
OCescaladeESV said:
What the OP was unhappy about (and myself included) is that the seats only return to position upon opening of the door, not when the start button is actually pushed. One should be able to get into the car first BEFORE the seats return to position. Currently the Escalade does not offer this setting, only to return seats when the door is opened.
That's actually incorrect. Everytime I enter I have to press the 1 button because the seat is adjusted for easy access and it doesn't move like previous generation before restart but only after you press the start button.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
OCescaladeESV said:
There is no reason to press and hold the button...maybe someone else here can explain better than I can....
I tried pressing the memory button 1 and the seat adjustment stops as soon as I release it like my MB. Totally new system here?

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried pressing the memory button 1 and the seat adjustment stops as soon as I release it like my MB. Totally new system here?
If I press memory button 1 before I start the car, I have to hold it down until the seat/steering wheel fully adjust to my preferred driving position. After starting the car, just a quick push and the seat/steering wheel move to the preferred driving position.

I vastly prefer the old way which was the seat/steering wheel would return to preferred position when the car was started.

I was also very unhappy when I noticed that the passenger seat has 2 position memory and an exit function, while the Escalade doesn't offer passenger seat memory on any trim level.

Also, if the XTS can parallel park itself, why can't the Escalade?!?!

----------

Hmm...well it's ugly and half the size of the escalade too?
I wouldn't call it ugly...but the proportions are all wrong. As it is, it would look much better if the wheel base were 10" longer and the car overall 12" longer, the hood is too short. But it is FWD.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
rjm said:
....,,,,Also, if the XTS can parallel park itself, why can't the Escalade?!?!
Most parking spots can't fit an escalade! What's the utility of the self park?

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most parking spots can't fit an escalade! What's the utility of the self park?
TRUE!!

Especially if you have an ESV. Some friends and family have garages that are too shallow to fit my SWB.

·
Registered
15 Escalade Plat SC, 14 CTS VSport Prem, 15 Range Rover SC
679 Posts
Yeah it's funny that my CTS has park assist and not my escalade. Why would I need help parking a little CTS? The seats though, you can change it in settings so the seats return to position when you open the door. I have it set so when I open the door after someone else has been driving it auto returns to my settings. Works fine for me. Why would you want to wait until the car was started for your seats to go into position?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I think that when you use seat memory in conjunction with easy exit that return to position upon start works better, especially for larger people. If you set your seat positioning tight & up close to the steering wheel and then use easy exit to push everything back to leave the vehicle that if the seats return to position simply from opening the door it makes it difficult to get back into the tight seat positioning one might choose for driving conditions. Like in some other Cadillacs if you had the ability through the CUE to select return to position upon starting the vehicle it would be nice Make sense?

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that when you use seat memory in conjunction with easy exit that return to position upon start works better, especially for larger people. If you set your seat positioning tight & up close to the steering wheel and then use easy exit to push everything back to leave the vehicle that if the seats return to position simply from opening the door it makes it difficult to get back into the tight seat positioning one might choose for driving conditions. Like in some other Cadillacs if you had the ability through the CUE to select return to position upon starting the vehicle it would be nice Make sense?
For me, its more the steering wheel than the seat position. Upon entry and exit I like the steering wheel all the way up and out of the way. As it is now, why would I want the wheel down in my driving position before stepping into the car?? I much prefer the seat and steering wheel to return to my driving position after I start the car.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I think you misread my statements on the seating/steering/mirror settings... I am with you on all settings "returning to position" upon starting of the car NOT merely opening the door.

For me, its more the steering wheel than the seat position. Upon entry and exit I like the steering wheel all the way up and out of the way. As it is now, why would I want the wheel down in my driving position before stepping into the car?? I much prefer the seat and steering wheel to return to my driving position after I start the car.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
I think you misread my statements on the seating/steering/mirror settings... I am with you on all settings "returning to position" upon starting of the car NOT merely opening the door.
My workaround is that I program the auto exit and memory 1 the same. I set memory
2 for driving. When I get in and am ready to start the car, I press memory 2. It works for me, but it is a workaround.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
OneStepAhead said:
Yeah it's funny that my CTS has park assist and not my escalade. Why would I need help parking a little CTS? The seats though, you can change it in settings so the seats return to position when you open the door. I have it set so when I open the door after someone else has been driving it auto returns to my settings. Works fine for me. Why would you want to wait until the car was started for your seats to go into position?
I believe I read it has to do with the AWD system. The XTS VSport doesn't have the option because it's AWD like the Escalade. My CTS VSport has it and it's RWD.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts