Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac xts4 Platinum
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case someone finds useful. I really like the way these LED side marker replacements look over the OEM reflector-style lights. Cheap and easy upgrade to make.

·
Registered
2014 XTS V-Sport Platinum
2,492 Posts
Nice! I'm going to get those for my car. The ones it links to on Amazon look like they have chrome around the lens. I want all black like yours...

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac xts4 Platinum
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I'm going to get those for my car. The ones it links to on Amazon look like they have chrome around the lens. I want all black like yours...
Just tried to find the non-chrome version, but no luck... Not sure if it's temp out of stock or if the design just changed. Maybe the chrome edge can be removed or blacked out somehow?

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,889 Posts
I would have liked to get these as well, but they do not have them for the '18 -'19 MY's 😕
On a side note, for some places it is illegal to go with blacked out, although I doubt any L.E.O. would notice or even bother unless the area is really gung ho on this kind of stuff.
As another aside, if the area where you live has vehicle safety inspections, and the blackout is illegal, the car won't pass.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
747 Posts
I might go with the clear lens ones on my white diamond. It should blend in nicely.The product description has this quote:
"Connect the LED side marker lights to your turn signal light harnesses to create a turn signals feature! This will enhance your Caddy's luxurious presence by adding additional safety and visibility features."

I wonder how it would work out in actual practice? Might open a can of worms.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,889 Posts
I would not do that in case it did cause issues, and because I already have a turn signal on my side mirrors, but alas these are not available for my MY.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Looking more closely at these on Amazon, I no longer think they are edged in chrome. I think it is just the extension of the smoked lens on the edge of the housing. I placed my order.

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,781 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger on these. I didn't necessarily love the ones on Amazon. I found these on eBay. They may be the same thing but the photos were just better and description was better on eBay. I was looking for clear. Very happy with these. Looks great when they are off.

SIMPLE to install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,781 Posts
Mine are still on the boat coming from China.
Holy crap. You ordered almost three weeks ago. Another reason I got from eBay - shipped from US. Arrived in about 5 days. I am sure originally shipped from China to a distributor with a shop on eBay. Only if the shipping time on Amazon is too long, do I look for the same item on eBay.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Ordering from Amazon I didn't pay attention to the shipping time estimate. I looked the other day and it says will arrive between Feb 5th and Mar 7th.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts