Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my special order XTS Platinum AWD Black Raven with Very light platinum/Urban/Cocoa, Opus interior Thursday December 20. Put 120 miles on the car when my dash said Service Driver Assist. All cruise functions quit. Next day in the afternoon it worked again. Saturday went off again. Any one else have this problem? Love the car other than the CUE problems that every one else has till GM gets good updates. I wish it had better headlights with automatic dim like my wife's 2013 E class Mercedes. That car lights up the road. DADDY
 
Joined
·
12,821 Posts
CaddyDaddy, have you brought your cruise function concerns to your dealership's attention yet? I do recommend checking in with your dealer if that frustration persists, and please let me know if you would like me to check my resources for any relevant information for you as well. I'm reachable via email at [email protected]!

I also wanted to thank you for your XTS feedback. Glad to see you're pleased with your Cadillac overall, and I documented your comment where the appropriate GM teams can review it.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadillac Cust Svc said:
CaddyDaddy, have you brought your cruise function concerns to your dealership's attention yet? I do recommend checking in with your dealer if that frustration persists, and please let me know if you would like me to check my resources for any relevant information for you as well. I'm reachable via email at [email protected]!

I also wanted to thank you for your XTS feedback. Glad to see you're pleased with your Cadillac overall, and I documented your comment where the appropriate GM teams can review it.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Katie,
Yes the dealer knows. Problem is it goes on and off. So far 3 times and for the last 5 days it has been working. Going on vacation in a few weeks and will leave with dealer it problem comes back. Hard to fix problems when their on and off again. Just order my personalized plates. CADXTS.
Happy New Year. Daddy
 
Joined
·
12,821 Posts
Thank you for elaborating, CaddyDaddy! If the concern arises again, please let me know and I can contact your dealer to follow up on your behalf and further document the situation in greater detail. (On a happier side note: your personalized plates sound fantastic!)

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium
Joined
·
6 Posts
Unfortunately I am having the exact same problem with the Driver Assist System. I have received the warning to service the system 3 times in the last 5 days. After a complete shutdown it usually resumes operating. I will have to take it in to the dealer however it is an intermittent issue.
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
powersb said:
Unfortunately I am having the exact same problem with the Driver Assist System. I have received the warning to service the system 3 times in the last 5 days. After a complete shutdown it usually resumes operating. I will have to take it in to the dealer however it is an intermittent issue.
I now have 1300 miles. Went 1000 miles without it going off. Now that I know how to get the message off my screen I'm trying to figure out more info before I bring it in. When I took the message off the screen my cruise control worked. I'm 99 percent sure if it, is working the dealer won't know what to do and I would have spent much time for nothing. I'm calling service tomorrow and see if they have a clue. Dor you use the new I phone. If so can you answer it from the screen or steering wheel. Mine does not work. Daddy
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium
Joined
·
6 Posts
CaddyDaddy,

I do have the iPhone 5 and it is tricky to answer an incoming call. When the call comes in you hit the answer button on the screen or the voice button on the steering wheel. You will then
notice the button on the right side of the screen initially say Handsfree and then quickly change to Handset. Once it changes to Handset you can push it and the call is then operating
properly through the Cadillac Bluetooth system. So it requires two button pushes rather than one. However, if I try to answer the call with the handset and then transfer it to the
car, I can't get it to work so I avoid that totally now. I am told that both Apple and GM are working on a fix but I am not holding my breath. I wish I had kept my old iPhone 4S.

Please keep me posted on your efforts to get the Driver Assist problem fixed. Were you able to get it to operate again by just dismissing the message? It seems I have to shutdown the carfor several minutes before it operates again.

Thanks for the information.
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
powersb said:
CaddyDaddy,

I do have the iPhone 5 and it is tricky to answer an incoming call. When the call comes in you hit the answer button on the screen or the voice button on the steering wheel. You will then
notice the button on the right side of the screen initially say Handsfree and then quickly change to Handset. Once it changes to Handset you can push it and the call is then operating
properly through the Cadillac Bluetooth system. So it requires two button pushes rather than one. However, if I try to answer the call with the handset and then transfer it to the
car, I can't get it to work so I avoid that totally now. I am told that both Apple and GM are working on a fix but I am not holding my breath. I wish I had kept my old iPhone 4S.

Please keep me posted on your efforts to get the Driver Assist problem fixed. Were you able to get it to operate again by just dismissing the message? It seems I have to shutdown the carfor several minutes before it operates again.

Thanks for the information.
Yes with the SEL button. My dealers best service writer does not know much about anything. I do know that code in my cars computer is going to give a clue as to what is wrong. I'm going to wait till they have an update to CUE before I go in. There are other things that don't work like the ability to have my seats heated when I warm up the car and the passive entry. I have seen a video from Cadillac showing how the lights turn on as you walk up to the car. passive exit works. DADDY
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got my to the dealer for this problem. Service has gone on 8 times in the 6000 miles I have owned it. No codes were shown on his system. He tells me that the computer in my car is learning that it's not a problem and is healing it self. It has not given me a service message in over 1500 miles. DADDY
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS
Joined
·
145 Posts
Really... a learning computer, that is self-healing? Developed by GM? WOW! (this is sarcasm if you have not guessed).
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pkadanec said:
Really... a learning computer, that is self-healing? Developed by GM? WOW! (this is sarcasm if you have not guessed).
Same dealers service dept. that told me that my XTS never had a spare tire option. It's sad when I know
More about my car than they do. I'M sure there are exceptions. DADDY
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Getting to 7000 miles on my XTS now and my adoptive cruise control problems are worse. going to dealer tomorrow. For second time it tells me that my cruise control is not available at this time. Tried 5 plus times. Today it works. DADDY
 

·
Registered
2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
powersb said:
Unfortunately I am having the exact same problem with the Driver Assist System. I have received the warning to service the system 3 times in the last 5 days. After a complete shutdown it usually resumes operating. I will have to take it in to the dealer however it is an intermittent issue.
Did your problem ever get resolved? My car has a laundry list of electronic problems. This still not resolved. DADDY
 

·
Registered
2016 xts vsport
Joined
·
6 Posts
My adaptive cruise goes out intermittently also on my 2016 XTS Vsport. On my Lincoln there was an option for standard cruise which would be nice when adaptive goes out. Usually I see the red collision monitor light up in heads up and adaptive is unavailable Taking in to dealer Monday to see what they say.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top