Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 XTS I went to program a new remote and followed the directions. I put the key into the drivers door and the key does not turn, so either the key is wrong or the door lock cylinder is. I believe the door was replaced and they did not bother to update the key. If the battery goes dead I am SOL as that is the only way to unlock the car. Anyhow I called the dealer and they want $121 for the cylinder and another $88 to cut the key.

Is their any place I can buy the cylinder and key to match online or am I stuck with the Dealer?

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,956 Posts
There are plenty of online OEM parts sites that offer a substantially better price than that which you'll be quoted from a dealership. If possible, get their recommended part number and use that, otherwise you'll have to perform the searching, (not particularly difficult) on your own.

Here's a start: 13590041 - OEM GM Lock Cylinder | GMPartsCenter.net | GM Parts Center

CCC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts