Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, my CUE system is failing:( Every 5 seconds, it will reset itself. The ONLY way that I can use CUE is to open and close the door about 5-6 times and it'll stop. I have a video but the dealer still said that they need to duplicate the issue in order to fix it. Is this the way they should react? This is getting frustrating!

On the bright side, they finally offer brand new loaded CADILLAC loaners;)

·
Registered
2013 XTS Premium in Silver Coast Metallic
674 Posts
I would drop it off with the dealer and tell them to keep it and tell the Service Manager to drive it to and from work until it malfunctions for him. Mine has been flawless and I don't want to get any updates even if there have been any since my last one. Btw my dealer has always offered Caddy loaners. Good luck.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sonny, I'm dropping it off on Thursday. I'm still upset about what they said and will definitely take your advice. For god sakes, I have three videos from three different days here BUT THEY STILL NEED TO DUPLICATE IT before proceeding!?!? Cripes, I'd hate for this issue to be purely sporadic!!! Thanks for letting me vent here all;)

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Are you able to regularly duplicate this issue? If yes, tell the service manager you want to take him on a test drive to show him when it happens.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks...It's fairly consistent but when I went to show a friend at work this afternoon, of course it didn't happen and it made me look like an idiot. On the way home, it acted up again. I'm just hoping the dealer actually TRIES to duplicate it. (I can see it now: we started the car and everything was working fine)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Obviously you are not making this up but I think it's GM's policy that they actually have to see the problem occur before they can just start to randomly replace parts. But hopefully if the Service Manager has the car for long enough it will act up in his presence. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True...guess they can't fix it just by watching a couple of videos. (they're all in 4k too...LOL) Fingers crossed that I drive it in that way on Thursday! Will keep you posted on it.

12,778 Posts
Hi jeffc83,
I’m sorry you are experiencing concerns with your CUE system and that you were not satisfied with your service from the dealership. We recommend that you have the technician sit with you while running the vehicle so you can pinpoint to him exactly what your concerns are within your Infotainment. Please keep us updated on the status of your vehicle after you take it to the dealer on Thursday and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I need to make a nickname for this car with the word "Gremlin" in it;) OF COURSE the dealer could not duplicate the resets by opening/closing the storage door BUT the service manager stated he would look at the video. Just the fact that he watched it then said that he will bring this video to the technician and have them call Cadillac made me feel like they actually care. I am glad they are looking into it even though they cannot duplicate it...great dealership BUT BEST service manager out there:) Another hats off to Fred Beans Cadillac! (the person I spoke with the other day was just "covering" for the service manager) I just hope they FIX IT!

A little off topic but I do NOT like the 2015 ATS at all...too many reasons to list but I guess that's why I purchased an XTS;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good luck with getting all fixed and for the record I don't like the ATS either. Felt like I was driving a lttle go-kart and didn't like the ride quality at all.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Absolutely! The ride quality is horrible and is practically featureless. Manual parking brake!?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted to update the thread: The dealer just called and stated they had to order a new CUE UNIT for my car and will be installing it on June 4th. When I asked what exactly the CUE unit consists of, he said that it's all one piece. (it'll work out well because I had a scratch on the screen that was annoying me, lol)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The new CUE unit was installed today. I didn't lose any settings plus it's reacting to the touches much better now. The center door now opens and closes as expected. The paperwork mentioned some type of closed loop circuit and they were able to reproduce it after I left. I'm completely satisfied with this dealer! Clean, vacuumed, fixed car=one satisfied customer:)

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac XT5; 2013 Cadillac XTS
44 Posts
Your saga with your CUE system is evidently about to be duplicated with me. My wife's '13 Lux XTS's CUE screen suddenly and with no warning went dark two days ago on a local trip. She parked, left and locked the
car, completed her shopping activity, returned and when she started the car all was well again. Yesterday. on another local trip it again went dead. This time she took it to our dealer who told her exactly what yours told you: Bring it back when it happens again and we'll look at it. Frankly I don't believe this problem has happened only to us two. I do believe GM is terribly concerned about a possible replacement program of Biblical proportions. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry to jinx you...I don't think the issue is just limited to us but how many CUE units failed in total, no one knows except for GM. I'd recommend to have your wife keep a phone handy to grab a quick video of it when it happens again so she can show the dealer. If your wife is upset as I was, the combination should push them to take further action. Good luck!

OH we're are NOT alone at all! Take a look at this thread - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-ats-general-discussion-forum/380545-cue-center-cluster-not-working-2.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts