Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
XTS 2014 Luxury
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 XTS has started creaking loudly in the front when go over bumps and when I go up driveways. I've been trying to find ways to make it stop because its embarrassing. I saw videos describing how you can spray this fluid on ball joints to silence them and stop it. Do you guys know if this works or if it's a different issue? It does it wether it's cold or hot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 XTS has started creaking loudly in the front when go over bumps and when I go up driveways. I've been trying to find ways to make it stop because its embarrassing. I saw videos describing how you can spray this fluid on ball joints to silence them and stop it. Do you guys know if this works or if it's a different issue? It does it wether it's cold or hot.
So i have the xts 2013 and im having the same problem....Its definetly embarrassing like worse then squeaky brakes...Ive spoke with quite a few mechanics and ive gotten so many different answers...Some tried saying brakes,but clearly its not a noise ive ever heard in anyone of my vehicles ever needing brakes..Some say my lifters etc etc..My creaking sound is coming from like the front right side which happens to be the same side where im having the headlight issue..Just wondering if there is a connection with the two...

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,745 Posts
So i have the xts 2013 and im having the same problem....Its definetly embarrassing like worse then squeaky brakes...Ive spoke with quite a few mechanics and ive gotten so many different answers...Some tried saying brakes,but clearly its not a noise ive ever heard in anyone of my vehicles ever needing brakes..Some say my lifters etc etc..My creaking sound is coming from like the front right side which happens to be the same side where im having the headlight issue..Just wondering if there is a connection with the two...
Most likely a control arm - upper or lower, maybe both...they creak like an old sailing ship when needing replacing. Test, bounce the car up and down on that side, and if it creaks, that usually indicates a control arm, if the car continues bouncing after you let off - probably needs a new strut/shock, if it clunks/cracks when turning the wheel - most likely a ball joint. This is easy stuff for a good mechanic to figure out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most likely a control arm - upper or lower, maybe both...they creak like an old sailing ship when needing replacing. Test, bounce the car up and down on that side, and if it creaks, that usually indicates a control arm, if the car continues bouncing after you let off - probably needs a new strut/shock, if it clunks/cracks when turning the wheel - most likely a ball joint. This is easy stuff for a good mechanic to figure out.
I appreciate the feedback alot..Exactly what your explaing to test what the problem maybe a gentlemen did exactly that...He pushed on the hood and it was definetly a front creek like you discribed..I appreciate the help..Ty!

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
2,745 Posts
I appreciate the feedback alot..Exactly what your explaing to test what the problem maybe a gentlemen did exactly that...He pushed on the hood and it was definetly a front creek like you discribed..I appreciate the help..Ty!
You're welcome! Glad to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts